+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3/4/07 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by reality_emily;2265806;
    I totally forgot about this show last night. I have to record it since Amazing Race has started back up. I like Grease, but it's no Amazing Race!

Anyway, who did the sing off between the guys last night, and who got kicked off? I see that it was Kathleen and Ally with Kathleen leaving from your posts above.
    I'm in the same boat as you, but I forgot to TiVo Grease last night.. so I have to wait until Thursday to watch it.

There was no sing off between the guys last night, as the guys didn't sing last week. There will be one guy voted off next week and then the remaining six sing duets.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Derek will mostly likely be the next to exit, his voice couldn't hold up twice. The producers won't be willing to take a chance on him, you have to perform 8 times a week.

Chad is cute but singing was off.

Austin, not bad.

Max, I think will be the next Danny. He showed his playful and macho sides besides singing, acting well.

The only one of these guys I find entertaining is Max, and I just don't think he looks like a Danny. None of the others even came close to his performance tonight, tho. Austin should never try to be funny, it looked so forced I was actually uncomfortable watching him. Plus his singing was not good. Neither Derek nor Chad did great in the singing department either. Chad is too cute to look like Danny. Derek might be able to pull off the look (but he doesn't really look like a leader of the pack to me).

I'll be watching this show to the end too - mostly because there's nothing else on that I want to watch at that time. I would watch a test pattern before I would watch Amazing Race.

FORT Newbie
    I actually laughed out loud at Max trying to be more "manly". His strutting bordered on prancing.

I really like Max, but he is not a "Danny" he would be better suited to a more comedic part... one of the friends perhaps.

Austin has no acting ability and Chad needs to get to the gym and build up a bit. Derek has a better look, but no one will take a chance on his voice cracking. I think Derek will leave if he is in the bottom 2.

The producers must be getting very nervous... it isn't looking good for the role of Danny.

Chad would be a good Danny, now if he could only sing well.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2266281;
    I really like Max, but he is not a "Danny" he would be better suited to a more comedic part... one of the friends perhaps.
    I mentioned early on that I think he would make a great Doody.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2266281;
    I agree, he's not "Danny," but he has the most natural charisma of the 4 who are left.

I don't see any of these guys as Danny.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Once again, I say that "Grease" is not a complicated play and doesn't need the best actors, singers or dancers. Of course all that would help, but it's a mediocre play at best. I think any of them could win and do a fine job. It's not something I would rush out to buy tickets for though, since I have seen many productions of this play and not one of them held a candle to the movie. Interestigly enough, the productions that DIDN't include the songs added into the movie were a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2267202;
    Once again, I say that "Grease" is not a complicated play and doesn't need the best actors, singers or dancers. Of course all that would help, but it's a mediocre play at best. I think any of them could win and do a fine job. It's not something I would rush out to buy tickets for though, since I have seen many productions of this play and not one of them held a candle to the movie. Interestingly enough, the productions that Didn't include the songs added into the movie were a letdown.
    Saying the play didn't hold a candle to the movie is an interesting comment, Lois. Sort of like saying an original script or the book couldn't hold a candle to the movie.

Film and Stage productions are different animals and the two mediums really can't be compared. Film has different and more extensive production technique's at it's disposal, and the acting must be of a different sort. The play "Grease" was one of the longest running ever ... about 8 years not counting revivals ... and was nominated for several Tony's including Best Musical and Best Book. And apparently it was good enough to be the basis for a fun movie, that was a box office success, so how bad is it ?

The story nucleus is a rather timeless concept ... love v. lust, adolescents seeking acceptance and all that. I guess you could say that's not very complicated nor are the characters all that complex. While there was no dancing in the bleachers, research around here reveals that this is pretty much the way it was, but life was less complicated then.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast