+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2/25 show discission thread **spoilers**

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2256643;
    Derek? Is he considered "older"???? He's got a good fan base, apparently, myself included. But I don't vote.
    I don't know if he's biologically older than Austin or Chad, but he looks more manly, I guess--and that might make him appear more mature. (Max is the baby of the men--I think he's only 21.) He looks the most like a Danny, so I think that's why he was saved. He is pretty hot. I'm still rooting for Austin and Max. (It was pretty funny at the end of the show when all the guys were ragging on each other in their interviews. I'm sure they'll all encouraged to do so on camera, but man, my feelings would've been hurt!)

I know... it was quite fun to see men getting catty.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I loved Laura's "Fever" and Allie's song was great, too. Allie and Ashley have been my favorites all along and quite frankly, I was glad to see Kate go. Her look, to me, was too old next to all of the guys for her to be a Sandy. Ashley's performance was not great to me, seemed really forced. And Kathleen...well, it was just bad.

I really think Kathleen will be the next Sandy to go, or maybe I'm just hoping. I told my husband while she was singing that you could really tell she'd been crying backstage. I'm sure that was part of why she sounded so out of breathe...the breathe support is the first thing to go when you cry.

I think the judges have saved Kathleen for the last time. Her acting must have been really good last week during rehearsals because her singing was bad! I noticed she picked Max to sing with this week when she was told to bring more of the girl and less of the woman. All the girls have sung with Max when doing a fun, flirty, youthful routine. It definitly type-casts Max to me and subconsciencely I see him as a young fun frolicking Danny, not the guy to lead them into war (as Chad stated).

I think Laura is the only girl that brings the most to the role. Ashley looked more angry than sexy and Allie looks too sexy. I can picture Laura playing the youthful innocent Sandy all the way through the saultry spandexed Sandy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I think it's more important for the women to be able to pull off the innocent Sandy, 'cause they only sex it up for a little bit at the end--and even then, they're only pretending to be someone they're not to get the bad boy they like so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2256915;
    I think it's more important for the women to be able to pull off the innocent Sandy, 'cause they only sex it up for a little bit at the end--and even then, they're only pretending to be someone they're not to get the bad boy they like so much.
    I completely agree with that. What you have to see is the pretended complete transformation at the end from the innocent, vulnerable, girl ... to the hot and sexy babe.

Danny isn't really a bad boy. Danny, as well as his buddies are not the A-students and the jocks, so, acting as if all of that is "beneath them", they have taken on the role of the cool guys, the greasers, as their claim to fame.

In the end, Sandy does exactly what Danny has been doing, which is act as if whiskey is coming out of a root beer barrel.

I hope that makes some sense.

I am starting to think that Laura and maybe Allie are better suited to this than Ashley and certainly better than Kathleen and think Kathleen should have gone rather than Kate. I never thought Kate looked too old, but thought she has definitely looked tired and overwhelmed the last couple of weeks. Make-up could have fixed that.

As for the guys, I am now torn.

- Max is the most consistently good, and having come in as the underdog has greatly grown and developed.

- I was surprised to see Chad in the bottom 4. I think people are just not voting on this show. He is charismatic and has what a college theatre professor called "twinkle" on stage.

Having been taught by that professor to recognize twinkle ... this "twinkle" is something that both Max and Chad have, that Derek and Austin do not.

- I think Derek rather than Chad should have been bottom 4. I'm not liking Derek as much as I did originally, and still think his facial expressions are "mugging" and odd.

- I still don't care for Austin, but think the professionals may see that his stage presence is better than his TV presence ? He does look most like the "real" Danny ... not Travolta ... the main model for the character.
    Last edited by echo226; 02-26-2007 at 03:49 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

[QUOTE=Lois Lane;2256494;]Laura as definitely the best one tonight. (Allie is Baby Sandy.)

QUOTE]

Thank you! I don't know why I have trouble remembering their names! Ugh!

In the end, Sandy does exactly what Danny has been doing, which is act as if whiskey is coming out of a root beer barrel.

That is a funny analogy, but true!
    Last edited by katgib13; 02-26-2007 at 06:21 PM.

katgib.... when you're trying to quote someone else.... type in [quote ] at the beginning of the copied text and [/quote ] at the end (without the spaces.)

As you can see... the color white doesn't do much, unless you're using the non-traditional background colors.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2256643;
    You think? I like both guys, but I much prefer Chad's voice to Kevin's. But then again, I love Donny Osmond, too.
    I'm with you, Broadway! I was a fan of Donny's as a teen (giving away my age here). My husband recognized the similarity between Chad and Donny before I even voiced it. I had to find out what Chad's last name was because I wondered if he could be one of Donny's sons!

Hey Grease fans, some of you may already know about this, but last night I discovered some behind-the-scenes videos of our beloved contestants on YouTube. I'm not sure who filmed the Greasers, but they're entertaining and allow for a much better grasp of their personalities, and how they 'play' during their off time. Just look for Grease contestants.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12