+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/18 show discussion **spoilers**

2/18 show discussion **spoilers**

Lets keep it in here until 2:00 am Eastern time.

Thanks.

i just don't know who to vote for
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

FORT Fanatic
    Tonight the bottom four had to sing right off the top of the show - Kevin, Jason, Kathleen & Julianne. Two sang well (one really well) two sang off key. The off key ones were kept, the others sent home.

FORT Fanatic
    Derek & Kate sang "From this Moment" and it was awful. Derek does not appear to know how to harmonize. Every judge criticized them (including guest judge Jon Secada wh once played Danny in the 95 version of Grease)

FORT Fanatic
    Max & Ashley sang together tonight and were great. They did "It takes two" and were lots of fun to watch. Positive remarks from all judges including Ashley being told she's the one to beat and Max being told he's turnign into a real contender.

i think I'm voting for Max and Ashley tonight
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

FORT Fanatic
    Chad, Allie, Austin & Ashley are the ones the judges liked most tnight - my favourite was Max.

Kevin & Kathleen sang "Let's give them something to talk about" John Secada said they had blending problems. Judges didn't like them.

I seem to be having trouble posting so I apologise this is not in order and people have been left out.

FORT Fan
    My husband had very strong feelings that Max and Ashley were by far the best and he has not watched this show much until tonight. They were my
    top favs tonight as well. And Max has always been my fav since the first show.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I wouldn't give Jon Secada too much credo. Notice how they asked him to pipe in after all the other judges had said their stuff. I have a feeling that if the other judges said really complimentary things, he would've followed suit. The guest judges don't like being the "Simon" of the group. That said, some were definitely better than others.

Austin and Laura were fantastic and really sold the song--I don't like the song, but they gave a really emotional rendition and looked like they were really into the song. Austin's acting background really helped him. He's not the best singer, but he sold it. Most importantly, they looked like a couple that really cared about each other.

Max and Ashley--LOVED THEM! I thought Ashley was a little weak, but Max was fantastic. They were so cute together--especially Max, who has a fantastic personality.

Kevin and Kathleen had a horrible song to sing. They were pretty boring.

Chad and Ally--I don't like Ally and her dress looked horrible. Her voice was fine, but she was too bland for me. Chad's a cutie but his voice sounded off tonight.

Who else...Derek and Kate...Derek was offkey and Kate looks like a soccer mom.

Jason and Juliana were better than a lot of the people tonight... I think they sent Jason home 'cause he looks too old to be Danny. He's not boyish--he looks like a middle-aged man. I used to think it was going to be between Austin and Derek...but now I think it's going to be between Austin and Max. For the women, I think it'll be between Ashley and Laura.

Since they didn't know which two would be sent packing, they really weren't sure who would be paired up, did they? I wonder how they rehearsed it...I mean if Max and Ashley rehearsed together all week and one of them was sent home, the other would've been paired with someone else... So they must've taken turns practicing various songs/dances with various partners, right?

ETA: I know I shouldn't get sucked into it but I do...at the end when the two "losers" are sent home and sing their final songs, it makes me sad. Especially with the others singing background for them... just kinda touching.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 02-18-2007 at 10:43 PM.

Wow, Lois, you weren't kidding about Austinand Laura. I've never liked hime much before this performance. He is awfully plastic, but that sort of persona often works well onstage. Those two were amazing tonight.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast