+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/18 show discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2247406;
    Dogbat... I completely agree with your assessment. I'm not a huge fan of Ashley's as I think her voice is too cutesy and thin, but she has quite the Broadway personality. Her showmanship is perfect for the role, but I'm hoping that Laura beats her out for the top 2. I would love to see Allie and Laura for the final 2, but won't hold my breath.

Kevin and Kathleen were given a horrible song to sing, but they really compounded that by having absolutely zero chemistry. Allie and Chad had that in spades... even though I think Allie's big voice completely drowned out Chad's.

So... Allie, Laura, Chad, and Derek for me.
    ACK, I forgot about Laura. I like her too and an Allie vs Laura finish would be perfect. I would be happy to see either one as Sandy.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by luvclayseyes;2246965;
    My husband had very strong feelings that Max and Ashley were by far the best and he has not watched this show much until tonight. They were my
    top favs tonight as well. And Max has always been my fav since the first show.
    I thought Max blew his partner off the stage. He was definitely the best. And he seems to have solved his appearance problem, which was his only weakness.

I also liked the girl in Something to Talk About..Kathleen? She and Max would make a great pair. People with stage presence and a sense of humor...

I think something is fishy in the way the eliminations are occurring. They either HAVE to eliminate a couple, or someone's getting screwed when their partner gets voted off just minutes before they are supposed to dance with them. It's either totally preplanned, or totally unfair.

I agree with someone upthread that mentioned that they know at the time they pair them up who is in the bottom 4, and I'm sure they know at that point who they want to send home, so they use that knowledge to make their pairings.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Is it just me or is strange that the judges can veto the audience's vote? I would think that if they keep the bottom two, every single week, then the voters are going to get frustrated and stop voting. Maybe even stop caring. I don't vote. I just watch for the entertainment and because Grease is my favorite movie ever. I just think it's silly that the judges can keep whomever they want and send the other two packing. Why have anyone vote in the first place? They keep reminding us that it's up to us....to choose carefully, but then they veto it. I don't know. It just seems strange to me. And maybe a little unfair. Half the satisfaction of voting is seeing the ones you don't like leave. LOL...

Chad And Allie, I thought make a good match. Allie's singing was a little off I thought although she does have a good voice. Allie has personality, looks like a Sandy, she's spunky, sparkles.

Derek, I thought was the front runner, not any more, not after he hit those bad notes, thought it was just my hearing at first but then all the judges made the comment.

Max is my favorite, he sings so well, has charisma, is having fun.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar
    after last night .. I'm in Max's camp! ... They told him the previous week they wanted to see him swagger .. if that wasn't swaggering .. I don't know what is!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2247658;
    I agree with someone upthread that mentioned that they know at the time they pair them up who is in the bottom 4, and I'm sure they know at that point who they want to send home, so they use that knowledge to make their pairings.
    That was me Broadway, and yes they knew who the bottom 4 were, and probably paired them accordingly. Note that the bottom 2 ( Jason and Juliana) were paired, as were Kathleen and Kevin. The couples may have even known in advance, considering Jason's comment about wishing he could do his number. The panel probably observed them all week in rehearsals and made their decision before the show aired live.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2247762;
    Is it just me or is it strange that the judges can veto the audience's vote? I would think that if they keep the bottom two, every single week, then the voters are going to get frustrated and stop voting. Maybe even stop caring. I don't vote. I just watch for the entertainment and because Grease is my favorite movie ever. I just think it's silly that the judges can keep whomever they want and send the other two packing. Why have anyone vote in the first place? They keep reminding us that it's up to us....to choose carefully, but then they veto it. I don't know. It just seems strange to me. And maybe a little unfair. Half the satisfaction of voting is seeing the ones you don't like leave. LOL...
    They really aren't vetoing the audience votes. Last week they eliminated the 2 who were not the bottom 2 vote-getters, but this week they eliminated the 2 who DID get the fewest audience votes, so no veto there.

The audience knowing the judges will be making the choice ... at least until the Finale ... in a way does encourage people to vote more "carefully", or at least weigh their decision more carefully. For example, Matt may have gotten more votes than Jason last week, just because some find him "cuter", and think maybe he just had a bad night. On the other hand, the judges have been observing and working with these people the whole week, and know how consistent they are, and so actually can make a more informed ( and experienced ) decision. They also explained the reasons for their choice, which lets the audience know what qualities they are looking for that will cut it on Broadway with this production.
    Last edited by echo226; 02-19-2007 at 03:32 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2247762;
    Is it just me or is strange that the judges can veto the audience's vote? I would think that if they keep the bottom two, every single week, then the voters are going to get frustrated and stop voting...
    ...I just think it's silly that the judges can keep whomever they want and send the other two packing. Why have anyone vote in the first place? They keep reminding us that it's up to us....to choose carefully, but then they veto it. I don't know. It just seems strange to me. And maybe a little unfair. Half the satisfaction of voting is seeing the ones you don't like leave. LOL...
    As a fan of "Rock Star: INXS" (and Supernova - but much less), I didn't think it was strange at all. In these cases the judges have a vested interest in who wins. They have a lot of work and money riding on the outcome so they don't want to leave it COMPLETELY up to the fickle viewing audience to make their decision for them! As other people have pointed out, what looks good on TV may not translate to someone who performs well on stage. This voting strategy can help ensure that the judges don't end up with a "cute TV personality" when they really need a "strong stage performer"!!

I'm immensly relieved to hear that the judges have the final call. There's too much invested in the show (Grease itself, that is) to let America choose their favorite, IMO.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast