+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    You guys realize that America isn't actually picking the new Danny and Sandy. As long as the judges can save someone each week, they will be picking the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by BluntPhil;2241555;
    I'm a lurker here but I just had to post something about this show.

By doing this sing-off and the judges getting to choose who goes home from the bottom 2, the judges could theoretically pick to one they want up until the end or up to the final 2 (depending on how they decide to pick the winner from the final 2).
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyFan;2241860;
    You guys realize that America isn't actually picking the new Danny and Sandy. As long as the judges can save someone each week, they will be picking the winners.

Hey BluntPhil and JerseyFan ... Welcome ! Glad you jumped in.

Something was said somewhere furtjer back in the thread about the judges choosing who departed last night. I myself thought it was odd that they told us that Jason and Allie received the fewest votes ... and then they chose to send Matt and Ashley home. Maybe the sing-off "twist" was just an excuse to use those two songs to sing them out

Again ... welcome and glad you're here.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2241800;
    If i have to hear Tears on My Pillow one more time im gonna start screaming in to mine. The sing off is an awful idea.
    I'm with you! Is that the song all the contestants are going to have to sing before they're sent home? UGH...

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2240294;
    I can't see Kathleen in the role of Sandy, but maybe that's because of the spiritual tips they keep urging her to voice. It's getting old and irritates me to no end.
    Agreed - those "tips" are annoying, and she seemed to struggle with them, like she was trying to remember her lines and the gestures to go with them - does this showcase her ability to act? I hope not, for her...

Quote Originally Posted by BluntPhil;2241555;
    What annoys me is this new "twist" they added where the bottom 2 have a sing-off. I question whether this twist was planned from the beginning or whether they added it once they realized instead of Matt and Ashley A., Allie and Jason was going home.

By doing this sing-off and the judges getting to choose who goes home from the bottom 2, the judges could theoretically pick to one they want up until the end or up to the final 2 (depending on how they decide to pick the winner from the final 2).

Now, I don't mind the judges picking who they want. They could've had a show where the judges just eliminated someone each week. I'd still watch that. But don't make the viewers believe they get to pick the next Danny and Sandy when they really don't.
    Welcome to the world of posting BluntPhil (said from someone who only just recently delurked herself) Again, I agree... it seems they *really* wanted to protect their favourite Sandy (or at least one of their favourite Sandys), even if she was America's *least* favourite...

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2241800;
    If i have to hear Tears on My Pillow one more time im gonna start screaming in to mine. The sing off is an awful idea.
    The way the show's going, it looks like TOMP will be the traditional "sing for your life" song. I guess it's they're going for sadness and emotion as they sing knowing they may be going home. I felt it a bit on the first sing off when it was the large group being cut at the "Grease Academy" but now it is just.... ugh.

FORT Fogey
    I like the judges having control over who, of the bottom two, leaves. The public is not likely to go see Grease on stage and there is no option to put any money down on a song track CD either. T

The investors stand to lose 10 million if the public chooses the wrong cast and it bombs. As we have seen in American Idol, the public can make some odd choices in the process and they lose a good singer. Jennifer Hudson is the most glaring example right now.

Kathleen gets on my nerves too. That spiritual Sandy business will hopefully take her out. Since this is live it is possible that someone is reading feedback and the judges will discontinue requesting her "wisdom" seeing that it is hurting her. There are probably a bunch of Christians out there who just think this is dandy too.

According to the preview ... they will be pairing them up on tonight's (Feb 18) show. It will be up against the Amazing Race All Stars premier so I wonder how many will be watching.

Mohandas Gandhi

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2246268;
    According to the preview ... they will be pairing them up on tonight's (Feb 18) show. It will be up against the Amazing Race All Stars premier so I wonder how many will be watching.
    Thank god for DVR

That way i can FF all the annoying stuff too.. humm.. how much of the show will be left after that
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2246308;
    Thank god for DVR

That way i can FF all the annoying stuff too.. humm.. how much of the show will be left after that
    Which show ... Grease or TAR ?

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyFan;2241860;
    JerseyFan.... come back, come back, whereever you went.....

This situation just got cleared up for me on this week's show. The female host (who the heck is she, anyways.. i've never heard?) mentioned several times that the judges only have a say up until the semifinals. At that point it will only be the public's votes that determine who wins.

So... does that mean the last two Sandys and the last two Dannys? It seems like it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2247538;
    JerseyFan.... come back, come back, whereever you went.....

This situation just got cleared up for me on this week's show. The female host (who the heck is she, anyways.. i've never heard?) mentioned several times that the judges only have a say up until the semifinals. At that point it will only be the public's votes that determine who wins.

So... does that mean the last two Sandys and the last two Dannys? It seems like it.
    That's the way I understood it. Or should I say that what I would consider the semi-finals would be the last 6 contenders or the last 3 couples. I am presuming that the judges will then narrow it down for the finals -- to the Final 4 or probably the last 2 couples, as by that time the chemistry should be clear -- and the audience vote will prevail.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread