+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minney;2238684;
    I watched last night and was blown away (as were the judges) by Laura. What I think is so impressive about Laura for this competition is that she could actually play Sandy. I think Kate is very talented but not necessarily a Sandy. Ashley is definitely a top runner for the part. She sings and acts well enough, but more importantly, naturally has the look they want.

The guys are harder for me. I think Derek could be the best Danny, but I'm not totally sold. My kids kept saying that all Derek does is show off his muscles. I said, yes, but they are nice muscles! I like Austin too.

I really need to see the Danny and Sandy's interact to determine which are best suited to the roles and best suited together. Wonder when we are going to get to see them perform/act together.

That is right on the money.. she has been my fave since i first saw her. JCS is up there with Miss Siagon for me.. i thought she did an awesome job. Like Andrew said.. she sang 3 parts and did a great job fleshing them out as she moved around and gave facial expression. I really think she should be Sandy no one else has the look or the voice together. Now can she dance and act
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I know they're already eliminated, but don't you think there should be threads of Ashley A. and Matt?

I think the last standing will be:

Chad
    Derek
    Max

and

Ashley/Allie
    Kate
    Laura

That being said, I don't care for Jason much and think Jason, Kevin and Austin will probably depart in that order. I think Ian was way off saying Austin gave the best Danny performance. I think they are favoring him only because of his professional experience. The Danny run-off is likely to be between Chad and Derek, which means Max will depart ... but I think they will award him and the runner-up supporting roles.

As for the girls, Kathleen is just NOT Sandy unless in the updated version Sandy gets pregnant , and I think Kathleen, Julianna, and Allie/Ashley ( probably Allie*) will depart , with the runoff being between Kate with her magnificent Lea Salonga voice ... and Laura with her all around talent and focus on the direction she is being given. Ashley S seems to have lost some favor in Sunday's show and I thought her performance was not outstanding. It was she who the girls made the teeth glittering comment about, right ? *As to why I say Allie will "probably" go first ... Ian said "Broadway is no place for beginners" and Allie is young.

Caveat ... this is my opinion now and I reserve the right to change my mind.

Also, if all shows including the final run-off give the judges the final say, and if they already know who they want ... well .
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey
    I was fasciniated with Andrew Loyd Weber's hand movements; very strange and unique man.

Derek looks the part but there is something missing. Danny's personality does not come through, perhaps. Can't put my finger on it.

Austin is my favorite thus far. He radiates Danny though his soft brown hair says no. I am surprised they have not requested that he get a style more fitting. Or that he has not decided this on his own.

Ashley is the front runner but not I do NOT like her for the part. Her eyes are so light that when the camera is pulled back her face looks strange. I don't like her teeth, either.

Allie is my favorite Sandy and I was as shocked as the judges to see her in the bottom two. I have read negative things about her on this board and many must have shared this view. Too bad, I think she will be in the bottom two next week and be saved by the judges, again.

Kathleen. This whole spiritual thing turns me off. Her extentions are way too long, definately not a 50's Sandy do. I just don't see her in the part, something is off.

Kate doesn't strike me as Sandy either. A librarian, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2239547;
    I was fascinated with Andrew Loyd Weber's hand movements; very strange and unique man.
    His hands/fingers look like the may be contracted ... arthritis perhaps ?

Austin is my favorite thus far. He radiates Danny though his soft brown hair says no. I am surprised they have not requested that he get a style more fitting. Or that he has not decided this on his own.
    Most people have a tendency to liken the Danny character to John Travolta, dark-haired and an olive complexion, and view him as if his ancestry is Italian ... which of course goes along with the Zucco surname. Possibly Jim Jacobs wrote Danny that way to protect the ... guilty.

Actually, the two real people who the Danny character is based on, were both fair-haired and complected. In fact, based on their surnames, one was of eastern European descent, and the other German.

ALW made a couple of comments concerning people who could be "different" in these roles which may or may not be a bad idea.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I really think the best is Derek, Max, and Chad and also Austin.

I really want the final three would be Derek, Chad and Max.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Where's Roseskid's recap?!! Those are my weekly highlights!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2239913;
    Where's Roseskid's recap?!! Those are my weekly highlights!
    Ask, and you shall receive.

I was impressed with Chad, Derek and Kevin for the guys and Laura, Juliana, Kate and possibly Allie for Sandy. I can't see Kathleen in the role of Sandy, but maybe that's because of the spiritual tips they keep urging her to voice. It's getting old and irritates me to no end.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Newbie
    I'm a lurker here but I just had to post something about this show.

I like this show in general. I like musicals, I like Grease, and I like the performers (for the most part). What annoys me is this new "twist" they added where the bottom 2 have a sing-off. I question whether this twist was planned from the beginning or whether they added it once they realized instead of Matt and Ashley A., Allie and Jason was going home.

By doing this sing-off and the judges getting to choose who goes home from the bottom 2, the judges could theoretically pick to one they want up until the end or up to the final 2 (depending on how they decide to pick the winner from the final 2).

Now, I don't mind the judges picking who they want. They could've had a show where the judges just eliminated someone each week. I'd still watch that. But don't make the viewers believe they get to pick the next Danny and Sandy when they really don't.

Anyway, GO Juliana and Austin!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BluntPhil;2241555;
    I'm a lurker here but I just had to post something about this show.

I like this show in general. I like musicals, I like Grease, and I like the performers (for the most part). What annoys me is this new "twist" they added where the bottom 2 have a sing-off. I question whether this twist was planned from the beginning or whether they added it once they realized instead of Matt and Ashley A., Allie and Jason was going home.

By doing this sing-off and the judges getting to choose who goes home from the bottom 2, the judges could theoretically pick to one they want up until the end or up to the final 2 (depending on how they decide to pick the winner from the final 2).

Now, I don't mind the judges picking who they want. They could've had a show where the judges just eliminated someone each week. I'd still watch that. But don't make the viewers believe they get to pick the next Danny and Sandy when they really don't.

Anyway, GO Juliana and Austin!
    If i have to hear Tears on My Pillow one more time im gonna start screaming in to mine. The sing off is an awful idea.

Juliana and Austin are my pair to win it as well
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread