+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl;2238330;
    I don't get why everyone is ga-ga over Max. He was pitchy the entire way through his song.
    I totally agree! Even my husband looked up and commented on him hitting some clunker notes and sounding bad. I thought he was possibly the worst man on the show last night, though he's a cutie and the judges like him, for some reason.

Emily

FORT Fan
    I also wante to comment on the songs chosen for the contestants.
    They are wanting Max to sound masculine but then give him the wimpy Lion King show but another guy an Elvis song. Not fair I think!
    I really like Max a lot but would be ok with Derek winning at this point!
    I hope others on this how who don't win do get some work from the exposure.
    The girls are harder to choose from right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2237991;
    I HATE the slacker Danny nickname
    I hate ALL the Danny and Sandy nicknames. It also makes it harder for me to remember their real names.

FORT Regular

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion. For the curious, they are reshowing it this week on Bravo Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest;2238220;
    You may find it on Bravo cable channel. They aired other Grease episodes during a few days after. Check your listings.

I watched last night and was blown away (as were the judges) by Laura. What I think is so impressive about Laura for this competition is that she could actually play Sandy. I think Kate is very talented but not necessarily a Sandy. Ashley is definitely a top runner for the part. She sings and acts well enough, but more importantly, naturally has the look they want.

The guys are harder for me. I think Derek could be the best Danny, but I'm not totally sold. My kids kept saying that all Derek does is show off his muscles. I said, yes, but they are nice muscles! I like Austin too.

I really need to see the Danny and Sandy's interact to determine which are best suited to the roles and best suited together. Wonder when we are going to get to see them perform/act together.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;2238684;
    I think Derek could be the best Danny, but I'm not totally sold. My kids kept saying that all Derek does is show off his muscles. I said, yes, but they are nice muscles!
    If you recall, that's pretty much all Danny did, too. All this bravo machismo with the swagger and the muscles, with a bit of sensitivity mixed in. That's the main reason I can't see Max in this role. He's a great singer and very animated, but not overly "machismo."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minney;2238684;
    I think Derek could be the best Danny, but I'm not totally sold. My kids kept saying that all Derek does is show off his muscles. I said, yes, but they are nice muscles! I like Austin too.
    Agreed! I think he's actually a good singer and moves very well, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2238306;
    LoisLane... I agree. I nearly teared up with her, and you could see that Matt was fighting back the tears as well.
    That last two-shot that ended the show was just a little too, I dunno, "you killed my puppy and then ran over my kitty with a truck!" looking. Maybe it's cynical, but I can just see the director hurrying a camera in for the money shot of those two just trying to hold it together until the cut....

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest;2238220;
    You may find it on Bravo cable channel. They aired other Grease episodes during a few days after. Check your listings.

Thank you, I'll have to check it out too.

Thought some of the men were flat, pitchy. Think Allie has the best voice, many of the women's voices are so high, not strong enough.

+ Reply to Thread