+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic
    There were a few things I wondered about this week. First of all - it seemed as if people were "assigned" songs to sing,and from what they said, not all of them liked the songs they were given. Some of the men were given back-up dancers - others were not. This seemed a rather unfair advantage as it allowed those performers to show off not only their singing, but also their dancing and ability to interact with others on stage. I really enjoyed Max's performance, but a Lion King tune to show he can be Danny? What were they thinking?

Overall there were quite a few pitchy moments tonight from various singers and the judges didn't seem to call them on it. I agree with the comments about Kathleen looking pregnant and she was one of the pitchiest of them all. To be fair, she had a very tough song.

I too missed the first hour tonight. I was really wanting to see Laura. Did anyone catch it? I read the thread but didn't see any opinions on how she did.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Snapit;2238325;
    I too missed the first hour tonight. I was really wanting to see Laura. Did anyone catch it? I read the thread but didn't see any opinions on how she did.
    I happen to have watched the first hour but missed the second one.

Laura was great. She sang a song from "Jesus Christ Superstar," and I thought she did really well.

I didn't know who to choose for the role of Danny, but I'm now on the Derek bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;2238308;
    Overall there were quite a few pitchy moments tonight from various singers and the judges didn't seem to call them on it.
    I don't get why everyone is ga-ga over Max. He was pitchy the entire way through his song.

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;2238308;
    There were a few things I wondered about this week. First of all - it seemed as if people were "assigned" songs to sing,and from what they said, not all of them liked the songs they were given. Some of the men were given back-up dancers - others were not. This seemed a rather unfair advantage as it allowed those performers to show off not only their singing, but also their dancing and ability to interact with others on stage. I really enjoyed Max's performance, but a Lion King tune to show he can be Danny? What were they thinking?

Overall there were quite a few pitchy moments tonight from various singers and the judges didn't seem to call them on it. I agree with the comments about Kathleen looking pregnant and she was one of the pitchiest of them all. To be fair, she had a very tough song.
    I agree about them not picking their own songs, but I am hoping they were randomly assigned via a computer or hat draw.

I thought they were honoring Andrew with songs he wrote or produced, but while I've seen the musicals they selected, I am not certain that was what they were doing.
    I thought that Derek was great, and he continues to be my favorite Danny. I don't have a favorite yet, but did like Laura tonight.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 02-12-2007 at 12:25 AM. Reason: sentence structure poor

Quote Originally Posted by Snapit;2238325;
    I thought Laura was the best of the night. Most of the judges agreed, also.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl;2238330;
    I don't get why everyone is ga-ga over Max. He was pitchy the entire way through his song.
    I'll agree Max didn't display the best pitch tonight, but he can still sell a song, and that is why I like him so much. He positively connects with the audience--even when he's not at his best.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 02-12-2007 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2238328;
    I happen to have watched the first hour but missed the second one.

Laura was great. She sang a song from "Jesus Christ Superstar," and I thought she did really well.

I didn't know who to choose for the role of Danny, but I'm now on the Derek bandwagon.
    Thanks CrossingGuard. I'm glad to hear Laura did well. She has been a standout to me since the show started. Hope she keeps getting better and continues to blow the judges away.
    (edited to add: thanks shrinking violet too)
    I have not chosen a Danny yet. I'll have to try and catch a rerun on Bravo so maybe I can get a better idea of who I like. I hate to say it but Max was the only one to stand out to me before tonight but I was hoping someone else would jump out there. Maybe they will when i see the entire show.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Andrew Lloyd Webber was pretty kind to all the contestants...but when they showed him right after each performance, it was funny 'cause he looked bored out of his mind and was barely clapping.

He said that he could see about 6 of them working on Broadway now. It would've been nice if they pushed him to reveal which 6 he thought...but he probably wouldn't have gone on the record with it!

FORT Newbie
    I thought Andrew Lloyd Webber was right on the money tonight. Derek was the best Danny and Laura just blew us away. I think Derek has great stage presence and is so comfortable when he's performing. I also like Max and Chad. Austin just comes off as fake to me, you could tell he was running out of breath and his dance moves aren't as macho looking as some of the others.
    Laura really shined in her song and was so expressive on stage. I also thought Kate and Julianna were great too! You have to be able to express when you're on stage and like the judges keep saying, the back row has to be able to see your expression. I thought these three girls did that.

It's so funny how little my mom knows about Broadway music. She was watching it, and the guy who was singing the Elvis song, my mom said,"i didnt know that was an Andrew Lloyd Webber song!" I just said,"uh... it isnt. The women are singing ALW songs."

Anybody else thinks the women did a much better job at singing then the men did? I liked most of the women's songs. I would have to rate the girl who sang Memory as probably the lowest, though. (I dont know her name, I've only watched the show one other time.) Cats is one of my favorite musicals, and that song is suppose to send shivers down your spine when sung properly. I saw CATS when it came to Seattle, and I had goosebumps when the song was sung... but the version tonight just made me go "meh."

I liked the girl who sand Buenos Ares.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread