+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvclayseyes;2219544;
    I meant Jason, not Travis!!
    Oh! I get all the names mixed up, too. The only ones I know for sure now are Austin, Derek and Chad. The two Ashleys look almost the same to me (except that one that was brought back can't sing as well and looks too nervous).

I think they brought Olivia on for the "star" power. I'm sure they'd love Travolta, too, but he's too big of a "star" (or he thinks so) to do it. I think Olivia was a guest judge on "American Idol" or one of those shows, too, wasn't she? She didn't say anything mean there either. I'm sure she tells them before signing up that she will say things, but nothing negative. I don't think that's her nature, or her image.

I don't think we need someone to give nasty criticism, but a little constructive criticism will go a long way. I heard Olivia give a little of that sporadically throughout the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic;2219537;
    You almost wonder if they didn't bring back those two as "sacrificial lambs". That way it would allow all of thier contestents two shots at singing before they would get eliminated. It would have been a shame for someone like Christian Sandy or BoyBand Danny getting eliminated right away without getting a second chance.
    My thoughts exactly. I can't figure out any other reason.

I haven't been watching this since the first episode but decided to tape it because ON-J was on. I think she looks pretty good. She had breast cancer so that may have taken it's toll on her and not necessarily any plastic surgery.

So far I've only watched the first 20 minutes or so of my tape but had to come in and make some comments. The opening number was awful. Hardly anyone sounded on-key but then again it may have been that everyone's vocal range is so different that it sounded horrible when they transitioned from one "type" of singer to the next.

Derek looks so much like John Stamos that it distracts me. However, I can totally see him as Danny. Not Austin. He's not bad, he's just not Danny. I'm sure I'll be back here later with my review of the rest of the 12.

ETA: I haven't gone back and read all the posts so if I repeat anything anyone else has said, sorry about that.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I kept waiting for some sort of explanation for bringing Matt and Other Ashley back...like... "Oh, the audience reaction was so strong when we cut you both that we decided to bring you back!" Or something like that at least. David Ian's explanation was lame...he said something like, "Everyone deserves a second chance." Well, apparently not since they didn't bring back all the others who had been cut for their shot at a second chance.

The thing about Matt and Other Ashley is they may be good with more practice and some on-stage experience. But right now, what they're looking for are people who can hold their own onstage. Some are less experienced here than others--the difference is that unlike Matt and Other Ashley, they don't seem that inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2219707;
    I'm sure I'll be back here later with my review of the rest of the 12.
    Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2219215;
    Jason--Boy Band Danny--reminds me of Joey Fatone from 'N Sync. And that's not a good thing! (He sang well though--although he totally copied George Michael's moves from "Faith." And that's not a good thing either...)
    "Back in the day" I could watch George Michael's "Faith" video all day long BB Danny just does NOT have the sex appeal to pull off those moves!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin;2219078;
    Max is singing well, but someone shape his eyebrows.
    I really, really like Max, he's my favorite. Very talented young man.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2219081;
    Max did shock me there.. I thought he did well!
    Very, very well I thought. He's cool........

Laura, is that the brunette? BBD, is that Max you're all referring to?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2219215;
    As for the two who were brought back--Matt and the other Ashley. No. They should've remained cut. Neither of them looks comfortable on stage and Matt couldn't find the right note with a map. Ashley is lovely but her voice cracks too much...
    Agreed. Ashley's sweet but she cannot carry a tune, she was flat, off key. Matt was better. These 2 should be cut, sorry.

+ Reply to Thread