Austin Miller

Nickname: "Hot Danny"
    Hometown: Alvin, TX
    Audition City: New York

TRAINING:
    Vocal: 12 years
    Dance: 17 years
    Acting: 12 years

FUN FACTS: He is a Gemini. He used to work as a carpenter. Self-confessed fitness freak.

Austin, may be a self-described "tough nut to crack," but once cracked you will find a self-deprecating charmer who is extremely focused on making a success of himself. Growing up in a small-town an hour outside of Houston, TX, Austin was an overweight kid, who wore thick bottle-rimmed glasses, attended AP lessons and was picked on in between classes. Hiding the fact that he loved musical theatre, he secretly took dance classes, but nothing could keep his love of Michael Jackson hidden...especially after his two aunts made him bejewelled white socks and a white glove, which he wore to school.
    Family is extremely important to Austin; he grew-up in a tight-knit extended clan. The eldest of five, he comes by his "bossy" nature naturally, since he has four younger sisters. His first jobs were working in the various family businesses: flipping burgers at his aunt's 1950's style drive-in burger joint and working as a carpenter for his uncle's construction business. His family also owns a feed store and at one point raised cattle. When the live shows starts, we should definitely expect a visit from the Millers, et al...in their grand ol' RV (his aunt is afraid to fly...so the family travels together by Winnebago.)

This former Catholic altar boy's life changed dramatically when he grew a foot and started wearing contacts. Austin may live in the big city now, but there are still traces of his small town life…he loves taking trips to Home Depot for no particular reason and reading Car Magazine.

Currently single, he dreams of becoming a huge stage and screen actor...the judges were concerned that he was a bit too nasally, which he's been working on. His secret passions / guilty pleasures are The Carpenters, Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond (can a do dead-on impression of him) and Paula Deen's cooking show on the Food Network. He loves scary movies and loves to scare people even more (he enjoys finding out what scares people and feeds on that).

To prepare for the Live Shows, Austin has created a list of things he must complete to get him TV ready and confident.

Thus far, Austin has been both thrilled and exhausted by the Grease experience. He said his heart was breaking for people whose shoulders were tapped during the second to last elimination and said that the final elimination was the longest thing he had ever had to sit through. His hope for this show is more exposure and opportunities.

FAVORITES:
    What genre of movies do you enjoy? Horror - He considers himself a connoisseur of the genre.
    Favorite TV show: "The Simpsons"
    Favorite Actor: Johnny Depp and Jude Law
    Favorite Actress: Nicole Kidman and Toni Collette
    Favorite Singer: Jennifer Hudson
    Favorite Performer: Prince
    Favorite Group: Styx
    Favorite Foods: Baked goods...does not discriminate
    Favorite Color: Blue

FORT Fogey
    Austin is clearly the most "Broadway ready" and I have no doubt that he will win, though his stance is a bit much sometimes.

I agree, he definitely seems to be the most polished from what we've seen so far.
    I couldn't help wondering whether the public might not take to him though.
    Just a feeling

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Like I said before.. he looks a great deal like my ex so maybe im biased.. but his IMDB page has a much hotter pic.

http://imdb.com/name/nm1932210/

I like him.. good or bad lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Likes Styx, though, so he can't be all bad.

I think he's the frontrunner, but I have a feeling that america will not end up caring for him, and he may make the top two or three, but I dont think he will win it....
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Still. Hate. Him.

He's Danny... if Danny was smarmy and prepackaged.

Yes, he's got the best technical skill in both singing and dancing. But it all looks so practiced, insincere and unnecessarily flashy. The best Danny would be a bit more rough around the edges.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

There is something about him that turns me off. He looks good, but his personality is a little too soft and not masculine enough for my taste. Danny is tough, rough around the edges, and very masculine - that just isn't Austin.

Aha, so from the posts in this thread so far, and admittedly it's early days, I see my hunch that the viewers wouldn't take to him could be true.

He doesn't strike me as Danny at all.
    He's too light-weight and "pretty", he just doesn't appear to have much of an edge.

Definitely a pretty boy, and I don't care for the way he's always posing for the cameras. I get the impression that if he got the part and was confronted by a rival, he'd run and hide so as not to muss his hair.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast