+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Austin Miller

Aside from Austin's love affair with the cameras, he comes across as very professional, and he should, because he's got the experience. I'm sure he'd do a great job, but the way I see it, it would be the difference between getting a good actor vs. the ideal actor for this part. I bet he's got a great future ahead of him (whatever that may be), and it's just a matter of finding the right fit. Oh, I know -- maybe a variety show with no less than eight cameras focused on him at any one time.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2277215;
    he creeps me out for some reason.
    Thank YOU!!!!

I have felt the same about him since they first showed him back at the auditions.

So how is it that so many of us can feel this way yet the judges on the show feel differently? What's he holding over their heads?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

To the Point
    Well, not like I'm headed out to buy tickets for the show, but I'm just thinking it would be a real waste for me since I find actually watching him painful and distasteful. It's really difficult to enjoy a live production if you actually can't stand to look at the lead.

BTW, so many of you put into words what I was hesitant to say, but yes, all of those things expressed my sentiments as well.

I like him. He reminds me of Harry Connick Jr.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Regular
    Austin in spite of his professional resume simply has not been able to deliver Danny Zuko humor or swagger. Austin may be able to play a romantic lead although Id argue this point too. He appears more interested in making sure that the camera is on him than he ever is in his partner. Its distracting and disingenuous and smacks of ego! Moreover, he plays effeminate. I hope that he can get past this because he is such a strong singer and dancer --- but he truly is not a triple threat at least not for this role. Hes not Danny. I think viewers get this (he had the lowest votes) and I really believe that the panel does too. If you follow broadway messages boards, Austin is getting dissed by fellow actors for all the same reasons the viewing public gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches'n cream;2280214;
    Austin in spite of his professional resume simply has not been able to deliver Danny Zuko humor or swagger. Austin may be able to play a romantic lead although Id argue this point too. He appears more interested in making sure that the camera is on him than he ever is in his partner. Its distracting and disingenuous and smacks of ego! Moreover, he plays effeminate. I hope that he can get past this because he is such a strong singer and dancer --- but he truly is not a triple threat at least not for this role. Hes not Danny. I think viewers get this (he had the lowest votes) and I really believe that the panel does too. If you follow broadway messages boards, Austin is getting dissed by fellow actors for all the same reasons the viewing public gives.
    Very well put - couldn't have said it better. I feel exactly the same way about Austin (the effeminity is the worst part, especially for the part of a guy who is supposed to be tough and macho on the outside and sensitive inside, not a girlish strutting peacock).

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I'm laughing 'cause you are all talking about various actors coming off as being fey. Not for nothing, but that's how most male musical theater leads come across to me--regardless of their sexual orientation--simply because they are dancing and singing. It really doesn't bother me at all. It's interesting to see that the 10 people who watch this show (apparently all from the FoRT) all hate Austin 'cause he's too effiminate (I don't think he is, by the way, but I'm in the minority). If that's an indication of the people who will vote, then it's probably "bye bye" time for Austin. Which is too bad, 'cause I think he'd be the best on Broadway. But any of them would be fine -- Even if they all have varying degrees of swishiness.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2282465;
    I'm laughing 'cause you are all talking about various actors coming off as being fey. Not for nothing, but that's how most male musical theater leads come across to me--regardless of their sexual orientation--simply because they are dancing and singing. It really doesn't bother me at all. It's interesting to see that the 10 people who watch this show (apparently all from the FoRT) all hate Austin 'cause he's too effiminate (I don't think he is, by the way, but I'm in the minority). If that's an indication of the people who will vote, then it's probably "bye bye" time for Austin. Which is too bad, 'cause I think he'd be the best on Broadway. But any of them would be fine -- Even if they all have varying degrees of swishiness.
    as one of the 10 watching.. well at least recording then watching.. I DO like Austin. Maybe I have been around theater too much but I can see him playing Danny and doing a great job.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2285142;
    as one of the 10 watching.. well at least recording then watching.. I DO like Austin. Maybe I have been around theater too much but I can see him playing Danny and doing a great job.
    Same here, FireWoman. I think that all the mugging he does on camera would work well in live theater. Unfortunately, I think it turns off lot of viewers, which is too bad. Anyway, I like Max...and Derek's OK, too. So any of the remaining three men would be fine with me. I will most likely tape tonight's show and fast forward through the boring parts... Allie...cough cough...

+ Reply to Thread