+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Austin Miller

When I was in HS (years and years ago) no body looked like John T. His build and 5 oclock shadow where more than any 18 year old I knew had! But, Danny looked more buff and mature than the other T-birds (other than Kinickie-which is why he was 2nd in command). Austin is not perfect for the part but IMO he might be better than the others.

Ew, i so do NOT like him. And I figured out who he reminds me of: Martin Short (yeah.. totally not the guy you want playing Danny)
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

To the Point
    I recently watched Grease again and John T. wasn't buff AT ALL in the film. Did he look older than any of the guys I knew in HS yes, but he wasn't the least bit buff.

Austin is just too........something, still can't put my finger on it.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2276246;
    I recently watched Grease again and John T. wasn't buff AT ALL in the film. Did he look older than any of the guys I knew in HS yes, but he wasn't the least bit buff.

Austin is just too........something, still can't put my finger on it.
    Cheesy, over-the-top, smarmy, effeminate all come to mind for me. I tried to like Austin because he has such strong vocal and dance ability but his acting is his archille's heel (IMHO) and a deal breaker.

Austin just looks plastic and phony. His nickname should be robotic Danny ... no heart in his performances. I'd go to a high school production before I would pay money to see him in a professional production.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches'n cream;2276884;
    Cheesy, over-the-top, smarmy, effeminate all come to mind for me. I tried to like Austin because he has such strong vocal and dance ability but his acting is his archille's heel (IMHO) and a deal breaker.

You nailed it! He is all that you said. I just cannot see him in the role - NO, NO, NO!!!! Ewwwwww.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    The plastic part is true--I think he's adorable but he does look like a Ken doll. But in the few snippets of acting segments that they showed and when they do the group numbers, I think he's really good.

he creeps me out for some reason.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I wonder if the only reason why they said he was their Danny for the night (except for Kathleen) was because they were hoping it would be between Austin and Max as final 2. If it were Derek and Austin; Derek could win and I don't think they want Derek. I thought he performed well enough, but didn't see anything special about Austin's performance. If final 2 were Max and Austin - I think Max would win hands down because I don't think Austin is a favorite.

I think he is very capable in his performances, he is an actor, good dancer and his vocals are good. But, he would completely blow my image of Danny. Even if his hair were dark, he isn't tall enough or something. Danny is a mixture of youthful cockiness and sweetness. Austin has more of a serious, maturity about him. I like him, but wouldn't vote for him because he isn't Danny. He would be better in a West Side Story revival.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2277316;
    I wonder if the only reason why they said he was their Danny for the night (except for Kathleen) was because they were hoping it would be between Austin and Max as final 2. If it were Derek and Austin; Derek could win and I don't think they want Derek. I thought he performed well enough, but didn't see anything special about Austin's performance. If final 2 were Max and Austin - I think Max would win hands down because I don't think Austin is a favorite.

I think he is very capable in his performances, he is an actor, good dancer and his vocals are good. But, he would completely blow my image of Danny. Even if his hair were dark, he isn't tall enough or something. Danny is a mixture of youthful cockiness and sweetness. Austin has more of a serious, maturity about him. I like him, but wouldn't vote for him because he isn't Danny. He would be better in a West Side Story revival.

Austin is David Ian’s “play it safe” choice. Austin clearly has shown that he can sing and dance but I don’t think he is a triple threat because his acting simply is not that strong. He really, really is not Danny. Nevertheless, last night Austin got the big “save”, a perfect song, and the “pimp” position of the evening (the last song). I have to say I did like Austin’s vocals but he could have done so much more with the song. It was not surprising that David Ian endorsed Austin as his pick for Danny. How else could he justify saving him? Thankfully, he didn’t do so unequivocally and at least reminded Austin that he needs to bring more emotion (he forgot to mention testosterone) to his performances.

I don’t know if I could see Austin in West Side Story. The “gangs” in that story require true machismo which I don’t think Austin can deliver. When he tries to swagger it plays effeminate IMO.

+ Reply to Thread