+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Austin Miller

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I like pretty boys so I still have a soft spot for him.

I think Austin isn't going to go the distance. Something a little too polished/forced about him. It's too bad, because he looks like he wants this really badly.

I actually think his early success will work against him. You see it happen in Idol all the time .. usually the one who burns the brightest early on, fade away towards the end. While someone that is unpolished or not quite right, come out of nowhere to win it all (Max).

I think Austin is a pretty boy without a lot of attitude, and that's a good thing. While I think he and Laura did well this week I'd like to see him with either Allie or Ashley (probably Ashley) to see his energy with a perky little gal. I'm not sure where all the gay talk comes from.. and don't really care. When he's on the screen I'm a believer that he's into the ladies on the stage and that's all that counts. He seems very professional and respectful in his comments and I'd like to see him go far in this competition.

I'm not quite sure what bothers me about him. I watch him during the group performances, and he definitely has crisper dance moves than some of the others who look a little sloppy at times, but to me he comes across as overacting to a great extent.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    roseskid, I think that a lot of times something comes across as overacting on TV, but on stage it looks just right. There are some great actors who fail doing live theater 'cause they just disappear into the scenery. Austin's features all look almost overexaggerated--but again, I think that is what makes him so great on stage (not that I've ever seen him on stage... ). I think that's why the producers always put him in the middle of the dance numbers etc. He's the only blond male so your eyes are drawn to him--and he has leader qualities in that he is comfortable on stage (from all his live theater work) and knows where he needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2249310;
    Austin's features all look almost overexaggerated--but again, I think that is what makes him so great on stage (not that I've ever seen him on stage... ).
    Yes, now that I see your logic I think you're probably right. This would fit right in with the judges telling some of the others to keep in mind they need to reach the audience members way in the back.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

To the Point
    His confidence comes off as extreme cockiness. There is just something about him that I can't quite get past. Now, if he decides to do every show from here on out sans shirt I might be able to get past it. Okay, given the comment I just made I suppose I have some problem with his face. The abs...I have absolutely no issue with those.

I do think he is by far the most polished and accomplished at the needed "Broadway stage" type projection in both voice and acting, I just can't even come close to seeing him as Danny.

It would be great to see Austin (and all the guys actually) paired with some "T-Bird" type guys to see how he stacks up as Leader of the Pack. Also, put into a role where he has to act the jerky part of Danny to see if he can pull that off too.

FORT Fogey
    He is my first choice for Danny. He commands the stage like no other and has the total package.

I noticed during his dance sequences this week that he tends to do the dance lifts which usually means he has the dance experience to do it correctly. He makes it look effortless which is what a good dance male needs to be able to do. No other guy left has this ability. I wish Kate wasn't voted off this week because I would have liked to have seen her acting scene with Austin to see how he did.

+ Reply to Thread