+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Austin Miller

I like Austin ...he's not my favorite. Does anyone know what role he played on Days of Our Lives? I've watched DOOL for years and don't ever remember seeing him.

He played a character named Hawk. I don't watch the show.. so I can't offer anything more than that... sorry.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I like Austin and want to see him continue. I'm not sure he's the best for Danny but he is definitely better than some of the other options. I'd like to see him in the "leader of the pack" role to know if he's believable.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I know a lot of people here don't like him but he has one of those faces that "projects" (it can be seen from the back of the stage). I think Derek has a face like that as well. Not sure I'd want to see him as a leading man in a film, but I think he is perfect for a Broadway musical.

I've watched DOOL's for years too and don't remember a character named Hawk. He has a familiar face though so I must've seen him somewhere.

Austin may be right for Broadway (he's got the over the top dramatic effect that translates well to the stage), but not as Danny. Danny is the too cool for school macho greaser guy, the bad boy. Austin just does not project any of those qualities.

Like I said, another role he'd probably be great, but he is NOT Danny!

nikkidancer and shanskill. I have warmed up to Austin a bit more recently, but I agree about him not fitting the Danny role. I picture him more of a character like Curly McLain, the part Hugh Jackman played in Oklahoma. He's perfect for that role.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2239361;
    nikkidancer and shanskill. I have warmed up to Austin a bit more recently, but I agree about him not fitting the Danny role. I picture him more of a character like Curly McLain, the part Hugh Jackman played in Oklahoma. He's perfect for that role.
    Thanks for the welcome roseskid. I registered a while back but just now started posting. Wish I could join the show discussion while watching, but I'm on the west coast, so I haven't been able to jump in the way I'd like.

As for Austin, I don't like his 'smarmyness' but I have to admit he has talent (for a different role!).

First, let me second those welcomes !

After last night's show I like him even less and it's probably because his attitude and presence has always seemed narcissistic and entitled. I think he is especially not suited as Danny, and I am glad to see some of the shine in the less polished guys peaking through.

What I didn't get was why he said that he was uncomfortable with his song because it was athletic ? He has self-described as being an experienced professional and one would think that he should excel ... and where exactly did he get the idea that stage acting wasn't hard work ? Harrumph !

And you are right again in that the roll of Curly seems perfect for him !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Ohhh... I do like that thought, roseskid! That is exactly the type of character that I could see him doing well.

Austin's new hairdo Sunday night kind of reinforced my opinion, too. Too effeminate... too "metrosexual" (to use an out of date term, but it applies.) Eeep.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread