+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Austin Miller

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2287388;
    I think the analogy was pretty astute. Women can hear the biological clock ticking to have a baby before it's too late. There's only so much of a shelf life for a performer...while it's even shorter for women, men don't have an infinite amount of time to "make it" in the business either. Max and Allie are at good ages (21 and 19). I think Austin is 30, which is kind of old for someone unless they want to be a character actor. And usually guys with Austin's looks aren't considered for those roles. I think he was a little overly dramatic about this being his last shot. I don't think this is the last shot for any of them. But hey, that's what these videos are made for--to over dramatize everything, I suppose.

FireWoman, what did he do? I missed it!
    Where most would just give the polite smile and slight clap... He was cheering him, on huge smile, laughing at the comments (sorry I cant recall them, I was laughing my ass off, they were funny) and you can tell it was heartfelt. I know many say he comes off fake and such, but I can't help but disagree, I think so many are not used to seeing someone in his position (who DOES want to win so badly) Want the others around him to do well too. I half expected Austin to hug Max and tell the viewers to vote Max. lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I think the analogy was pretty astute. Women can hear the biological clock ticking to have a baby before it's too late. There's only so much of a shelf life for a performer...while it's even shorter for women, men don't have an infinite amount of time to "make it" in the business either. Max and Allie are at good ages (21 and 19). I think Austin is 30, which is kind of old for someone unless they want to be a character actor. And usually guys with Austin's looks aren't considered for those roles. I think he was a little overly dramatic about this being his last shot. I don't think this is the last shot for any of them. But hey, that's what these videos are made for--to over dramatize everything, I suppose.
    Astute only if he was approaching it in a way that would encourage people with clocks ticking, or perhaps those who want to see him again to vote for him ... that is, vote for me now or I'm gone forever. That would have been a strategic ploy, and I guess that might work with some. But I don't think casting him as Danny when I don't think the part suits him just because his clock is ticking is a good reason. Further, saying he's close to his expiration date underscores his age related unsuitability for the part. This, of course, is just my opinion, Lois. I found it interesting that our responses -- yours and mine -- to his plea were so polarized. Funny how people see things differently, isn't it ?

I also thought Max's video was moving but a bit over the top. I admire that he overcame his childhood disability and has come this far, but I wouldn't vote for him for that reason any more than I would vote for Heather Mills because she dances pretty well with a prosthetic leg.

I don't care who was a fat or disabled kid, or who's clock is ticking loudest. It's who I find most suited to the character and most believable as Danny ... and it's not Austin.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    FireWoman, what did he do? I missed it!
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2287987;
    Where most would just give the polite smile and slight clap... He was cheering him, on huge smile, laughing at the comments (sorry I cant recall them, I was laughing my ass off, they were funny) and you can tell it was heartfelt. I know many say he comes off fake and such, but I can't help but disagree, I think so many are not used to seeing someone in his position (who DOES want to win so badly) Want the others around him to do well too. I half expected Austin to hug Max and tell the viewers to vote Max. lol

I missed that too. What I have noticed is how Austin always acts so relieved in the same way when he makes it through ... that deep breath and shaking of his head. He is a good actor.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Echo, I think you're one of the few people who votes for the right reasons. A lot of people probably vote for who they think is the cutest etc.. I don't vote on these shows so I can't complain if the "wrong" person wins (but as far as I'm concerned, the remaining 4 would all be fabulous!). But I'm sure these home videos and speeches were conjured up to get sympathy votes etc. and I didn't buy it either!

To the Point
    My thing is this...Austin was the most polished at theatre. It was obvious that he knows how to project but there was a sameness to his face in every episode no matter what he was singing. Of course, for me, I had issues with his face anyway, it just came across as a bit smarmy, but I'm not sure that it wasn't more of a personality thing. However, Max has a vulnerability to his performances that Austin just doesn't. I believe from watching this show (granted we see very little in reality)that Max can be taught the projection needed for theatre. He has shown himself to be very teachable.

If Austin wins, I would not go see the show. That is how I base my opinion. He doesn't feel like Danny Zuko, he is too pretty and feminine. Honestly, I think that Danny was very feminine in the movie as well (sorry travolta) but the stage play is much raunchier and I can't see Austin fitting the part. Even though Max is young he is rough around the edges and that makes him a better fit.

Yeah, Austin is way too smarmy for me. And he over does it many a times. Not to mention he just gives me the creeps every time i look at him lol.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Maybe they will cast him as Kinicki (sp)
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I always pictured Austin in the roll of the jock (Lorenzo Lamas's roll in the movie) for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2298959;
    Maybe they will cast him as Kinicki (sp)
    Not likely since the guy who DID get that role was shown in the finale...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011