+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Austin Miller

As an insane theater fanatic (hence my screenname ), I agree that Austin will be FABULOUS on stage, but just not as Danny.

If he doesn't win (and I hope that he doesn't), I have a feeling that someone will be calling him up for a role in their show. He won't be doing a ton of coldcall auditions at this point.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    I just can't imagine Max as Danny. He's just not macho or good looking enough. Plus, he doesn't have the stage presence needed for a Broadway stage. I think Austin has it in the bag.

Since there is only two left, and the judges pick who gets to stay from the bottom two, will they make the final selection?

FORT Regular
    Well the judges did pick from the last two finalists and across the board they picked Max. He by far has given many more Danny-like performances than Austin who unfortunately has given none. I really hope that America does not vote for this thinks-its-his due soap opera beefcake. LOL. Can you tell that I simply cannot stand Austin. What was with his Sandy vocal tonight? I think it might have been his worst of the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches'n cream;2286157;
    Well the judges did pick from the last two finalists and across the board they picked Max. He by far has given many more Danny-like performances than Austin who unfortunately has given none. I really hope that America does not vote for this thinks-its-his due soap opera beefcake. LOL. Can you tell that I simply cannot stand Austin. What was with his Sandy vocal tonight? I think it might have been his worst of the contest.
    Well I happen to think Austin has given many believable performances. I also think, hands down, his worst performance was the FUNFUNFUN one. I would prefer to see Austin win this but the judges non impartial recommendations probably sealed the fate for Austin and Ashley not to win. I think Austin's voice was much better matched to Laura's than Max's. She overpowered Max many times.

No, his worst was last night. I have always hated him, but have also always acknowledged that he can sing. He could not sing last night. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2285209;
    As an insane theater fanatic (hence my screenname ), I agree that Austin will be FABULOUS on stage, but just not as Danny.If he doesn't win (and I hope that he doesn't), I have a feeling that someone will be calling him up for a role in their show. He won't be doing a ton of coldcall auditions at this point.

Broadway I agree with your take on Austin as Danny. I cited some reasons in the Show Discussion thread.

Just curious, but what role do you think Austin would be fabulous in ? He made himself seem like a has-been ... always a bridesmaid, never the bride with the clock ticking ... in last night's video.

I admit that I haven't cared for Austin from the beginning, partially due to his demeanor but mostly because to me he always seems phony and like he's acting rather than being in character. There is a huge difference, and I know as a self-described fanatic, you know what I mean. I also strongly objected to calling him "hot" Danny which I think was a device to set him up as a favorite from the beginning. I mean if Max is " slacker Danny " then Austin should be " professional Danny " no ?
    Last edited by echo226; 03-19-2007 at 05:11 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar
    I can't help but like his reaction to Max's plea to win.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2286845;
    He made himself seem like a has-been ... always a bridesmaid, never the bride with the clock ticking ... in last night's video.
    I think the analogy was pretty astute. Women can hear the biological clock ticking to have a baby before it's too late. There's only so much of a shelf life for a performer...while it's even shorter for women, men don't have an infinite amount of time to "make it" in the business either. Max and Allie are at good ages (21 and 19). I think Austin is 30, which is kind of old for someone unless they want to be a character actor. And usually guys with Austin's looks aren't considered for those roles. I think he was a little overly dramatic about this being his last shot. I don't think this is the last shot for any of them. But hey, that's what these videos are made for--to over dramatize everything, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2286902;
    I can't help but like his reaction to Max's plea to win.
    FireWoman, what did he do? I missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2279796;
    I like him. He reminds me of Harry Connick Jr.
    Hey, I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. He does kind of look like HCJ.
    In fact, if Harry and Eric Roberts had a baby ...

But then, if someone looks like a cross between Harry Connick Jr. and Eric Roberts, what's not to like, eh?

I still like Max better as Danny, but Austin's bound to land on his feet on Broadway or TV or the movies. He has a great voice and when he's in character, he's sexy as hell! He may or not be gay (or bi), but that kiss with Ashley last night was hott!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2286155;
    I just can't imagine Max as Danny. He's just not macho or good looking enough. Plus, he doesn't have the stage presence needed for a Broadway stage. I think Austin has it in the bag.
    Well, this has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum, but where is it written that Danny Zucko, or any hot shot "greaser," for that matter, has to be good looking? There are plenty of 'alpha males' and 'chick magnets' who are not especially handsome. It's more about attitude.

I think Chad, Derek, and Austin are all almost too "pretty" for Danny, even though I could have seen any of them in the role, but I can see Max there just as easily.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

+ Reply to Thread