+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Derek Keeling

FORT Fogey
    Physically, he's still my favorite Danny, but I've never been wowed by his vocals.

And I'm just off-put by his facial expressions. Watch his face. He "mugs" and the look on his face when interacting, dancing etc., is just plain unnatural.

Add that which I consider bad acting to the occasional bad note ... and the "triple threat" requirement is diminishing.

I do like him ... but I think he's losing steam or something.

As for the bad notes ... perhaps he was also sick and it wasn't mentioned ?
    Last edited by echo226; 02-27-2007 at 03:24 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular
    I think he's got a great body but he's a horrible actor. There's nothing natural about his "mug" faces and cheesy grin. UGH. His vocals are just as bad. I'd be worried too if I were the producer.

Hmmmm..... his mug faces are one reason that I think he'd be perfect for Broadway. In a Broadway show the actors have to emote and overact, in a sense. That's just what they need to do in order to communicate to the entire theater. It wouldn't work on tv, or in a movie, but on a stage it's the number one requirement. Derek would be perfect on stage.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I hope Derek has a great week Sunday. I'm still on the fence about him and watching him stumble a couple of times in his dance routines this past week didn't help.

And tonight his voice cracked when his challenge was to keep it from cracking and he had the heelp of a vocal coach. This could be his curtain call.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I have a feeling Derek will be the one leaving next week. He just didn't wow me this week- but then none of the guys really did either.

FORT Regular
    Danny's part requires a tenor. Tonight was a good test for Derek and he tanked it again. His vocals weren't good and I'd worry too if I were David Ian. Add a unteresting lackluster romantic performance to his weak vocals and not even his dark Danny good looks can earn him this part. He truly had no chemsitry with Laura during that number. Bottom two and could be going home.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches'n cream;2266169;
    Danny's part requires a tenor. Tonight was a good test for Derek and he tanked it again. His vocals weren't good and I'd worry too if I were David Ian. Add a unteresting lackluster romantic performance to his weak vocals and not even his dark Danny good looks can earn him this part. He truly had no chemsitry with Laura during that number. Bottom two and could be going home.
    I do not agree at all! I thought Derek was better than either Austin or Chad (not as good as Max though) except for the little crack on a note. I think his chemistry with Laura was quite good. Austin is waaaay to effeminine and Max is just not sexy enough. Chad, however, is adorable and if a younger looking Danny is better, then he would be the one. However, IMO he is the weakest singer of the remaining four.

I just think Derek is nice to look at. Eye candy. Excuse me while I go wipe up my drool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast