+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chad Doreck

Chad doesn't seem to be able to stop smiling-always happy that guy. But for Danny he needs to be able to show the complicated, confused, tough sensitive guy... He almost just appears to wholesome, happy and smart to play Danny. Funny to say a guy doesn't look "dim" enough to play a character but I guess that's what I'm saying!

I wish Chad's last name wasn't Doreck. I think Derek and Doreck are getting confused, at least in my mind.

I like Chad as Danny a lot.

At this point, as preference not prediction, I say it should be Chad or Max based on a lot of factors.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Minney;2256900;
    Chad doesn't seem to be able to stop smiling-always happy that guy. But for Danny he needs to be able to show the complicated, confused, tough sensitive guy... He almost just appears to wholesome, happy and smart to play Danny. Funny to say a guy doesn't look "dim" enough to play a character but I guess that's what I'm saying!
    I couldn't agree more. Chad hasn't even been a blip on my radar screen. He's so bland and too squeaky clean. I'm not saying he's not gorgeous. He just has not stood out in either group or individual numbers.I'm ready for the guy-girl pairings so we can really assess the chemistry between actors. So far the only two that have made an impact on me in this regard is Max/Ashley (largely due to Max) and Austin/Laura (largely due to Austin) and this was on the basis of a single performance.As a side note, I am in the minority on this board but I think both Allie and Kathleen could offer alot more to the part of Sandy than either Laura/Ashely (both are way too vanilla IMO).

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    I'm bummed that Chad isn't more popular. I really like him. Don't care at all for Max - and I can't see why he's so popular. He does have natural talent, but I wouldn't pay to see him as Danny. I rather see Austin in the part (after Chad, of course!).

Chad just doesn't seem to be that dynamic in this setting. I had high hopes for him and if he wins that's ok, but he's not getting a lot of my attention when he's on stage.

FORT Regular
    Chad's vocal performance both in the group number and in solo performance was the worst of the four guys. His vocals tonight were in and out. So was his dancing. For some reason, the stage just swallows this guy up. I agree with Jim Jacobs in his assessment of Chad's look. He really is too pretty for Danny. He's Donny Osmond and Puppy Love type cute and what girl wouldn’t fall in love with those dimples? But Danny for all his swagger and bravado was not a pretty boy. Bottom two but I wonder if David Ian won't work hard to save him if he's up against Derek?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I don't get all the negatives against him for being "pretty." The judges would never say a girl was too pretty, but the guy gets penalized for being good looking. I don't want to see cinema verite when I go to see a stage production of "Grease." I want to see an attractive, likeable cast that can carry a tune. It doesn't matter to me if the guy is prettier than the girl or if the girl is taller than the guy or of the casting is untraditional (i.e. black Sandy and a Hispanic Danny). The people SING throughout the play so I already know it's not a realisitic view of high school (at least no one sang walking from class in my h.s.!). I wouldn't leave if Chad was on stage, even if he was off key once in a while IF he can act. That nice face of his face is fun to look at.

I agree that when they say pretty for Chad it means too pretty in a clean cut, wholesome way. Not that he can't change that for the show. Chad was originally one of my favs and I wouldn't be disappointed if he won but I'm not convinced he is the best--I'm not convinced any of them are!

I think Chad is pretty ... pretty hot !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

dang -- they choose him over austin
    thoughtd hed back the finals

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234