Max Crumm

Nickname: "Slacker Danny"
    Hometown: Phoenix, AZ
    Audition City: Los Angeles

TRAINING:
    Vocal: 5 years
    Dance: 5 years of lyrical, jazz, hip-hop and ballet
    Acting: 1 year, American Academy of Dramatic Arts

FUN FACTS: He is a Libra. He's been in two different productions of Grease but has never been Danny.

Max is a free spirit, who definitely marches to the beat of his own drum. He's been described as "geek-chic," but would describe himself as a sexy, down-to-earth charmer. Originally from Phoenix, he comes from a very supportive and creative family. His father at one time owned a theatre company and his mother is a jewellery maker. His parents are both former performers, who fully support Max in his quest for a successful career in entertainment.
    Having moved to Los Angeles three years ago, he decided musical theatre was a perfect fit. He has absolutely no other back-up plan and feels everything that has happened up until this point has prepared him to perform on stage. Not quite fitting the mold of the typical musical theatre performer, Max's "goofiness" and lackadaisical approach puts him at odds with and sets him apart from our other potential Danny's. He realizes this and is both nervous and interested in what will happen at the house during the live portion of the show. Although he realizes he will be the odd man out, he is not afraid to push buttons and may very well try to pull some practical jokes on his housemates.

Removing himself from the equation, he believes either Chad Doreck or Kevin Greene can win, but is a bit reticent about giving the reasons why he thinks they're strong enough contenders. Waivers between absolute shock that he's made it this far and absolute certainty that he will win…he's extremely competitive, but hides it well behind floppy hair and mismatched clothes.

The judges wavered back and forth over placing Max in the final six; he has one of the strongest voices, but is the furthest from looking like a Danny. Max knows this is the time for him to focus and step up to the plate, whether he does or not remains to be seen.

FAVORITES:
    What genre of movies do you enjoy? Scary movies, comedies, Lord of The Rings trilogy.
    Favorite TV show: "Standoff" and "Ellen"
    Favorite Actor: Tom Hanks and Will Ferrell
    Favorite Actress: Sarah Michelle Gellar
    Favorite Singer: Teddy Geiger
    Favorite Group: The Beatles
    Favorite Foods: Mashed potatoes and avocados
    Favorite Musical: Into The Woods
    Favorite Color: Green

FORT Fogey
    Sorry, but the face is so off that he can't possible win. He'd be an awesome T-Bird, but he's no way a Danny.

eh, I think they want him to be the underdog, and referred to him as "quite possibly the most talented" but I dont see it... his voice just seemed okay, and he does NOT look the part at all
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2212252;
    [img]Favorite Singer: Teddy Geiger
    Favorite Color: Green
    That's where the look comes from!

I like Max...probably the Underdog theory. I agree though, that I do have a hard time seeing him as Danny. Hopefully as time progresses, he takes on the roll more.
    ---------------------
    opps....

Sorry, he's not Danny. Too small, too off-the-wall, not a handsome enough face and no muscles.

He seems like a perfectly nice guy, but I think he comes off as too wishy-washy to be Danny.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Kind of in line with what roseskid said ... Max seems like a nice, talented guy, but when he slicked back his hair ... well, let's just say the ducktail ( DA) style doesn't suit him well ... unless the duck was airborn.

Don't mean to be mean, but he just would never have been the leader of the T-Birds. Whomever plays Danny has to have a certain outward swagger that overcomes any inner or physical shortcomings. I don't believe Max has that swagger. With regard to the movie and John Travolta as Danny, I personally never thought he was all that great looking ... but he certainly had the swagger to carry it off.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I think he's the best singer, performer, actor. He's the Danny Zucko I want. Very talented young man.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2214631;
    With regard to the movie and John Travolta as Danny, I personally never thought he was all that great looking ... but he certainly had the swagger to carry it off.
    Talent is more important than good looks. Imo, you just have to be average looking. A person's talent will carry them through again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2219800;
    Talent is more important than good looks. Imo, you just have to be average looking. A person's talent will carry them through again and again.
    Exactly right, cat. However, can Max make all the girls watching, wish they were Sandy ? Seriously ... remember what Ian said to Chad ? He said "Your face will sell tickets."

I do see Derek, Chad and Max being the last three Danny's standing ... but Max may need a little Aiken-Makin' over.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast