+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Max Crumm

FORT Regular
    Max has been my favorite from early on. He gives interesting layered performances and would bring alot to the role of Danny but I think he has yet to convince TPTB. I suspect that they are trying to figure out what to do with this kid given the largely unanticipated public response to Max (not undeserved IMO). The kid is a natural and I think he could knock it out of the park in the part. I'll be curious to see what number that director/producer selects for Max next week. Whatever they throw at him, he's going to have to bring it big!

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2219798;
    I think he's the best singer, performer, actor. He's the Danny Zucko I want. Very talented young man.

I started out as a huge Austin Fan and he's still my second fave, but the more I've seen of the show, the more I'm falling in love with Max!

He may not be the best looking, but IMO he's not only one of the 2 or 3 most talented vocally and by far the one with the most charisma and wit, but also the sexiest!

If he's not chosen for Danny, I really expect, and want, to see him in major roles on Broadway.

Go, Max!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2249999;
    I never found John T. to be good looking. I loved the movie Grease, loved it! However, I can see Max way before several others!
    Totally agree. Travolta, like Henry Winkler, was not IMO really good looking. But they both were credible in "hottie" roles like Barbarino (Welcome Back, Kotter), Danny Zucco, and "The Fonz." It's more about attitude and charisma than physical beauty. And I think Max has both in spades, not to mention humor (which plays a big part).

(Now if they could take Austin's looks and merge them with Max's naturalness, comedic sense, spontaneity, etc., they'd have the perfect Danny for all time!
    Meantime, while I love looking at Austin, I'd rather see Max get the part.)
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2265688;
    Totally agree. Travolta, like Henry Winkler, was not IMO really good looking. But they both were credible in "hottie" roles like Barbarino (Welcome Back, Kotter), Danny Zucco, and "The Fonz." It's more about attitude and charisma than physical beauty. And I think Max has both in spades, not to mention humor (which plays a big part).
    You're absolutely right, and Max does have that same "something".
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan
    Max has been my favorite since the very beginning, I so wanted him to get picked for the show from the Grease Academy!
    He has always had that spark, that something that makes me want to watch him. He reminds me a bit of John Cusack in a way. He is fun, smart and lovable and
    I find him also sexy as well. I cannot see any of the other guys as Danny at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by luvclayseyes;2265861;
    He reminds me a bit of John Cusack in a way. He is fun, smart and lovable and
    I find him also sexy as well. I cannot see any of the other guys as Danny at this point.
    Yes! This comparison never crossed my mind, but you are spot on with the resemblance to John Cusack (whom I love). I'm putting myself out there predicting Max will win, however, I do realize some of you picked him out from the start. I didn't see it then, but I'm a believer now.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

While I love Cusack (and agree with the comparison) it helps put the finger on why I don't think Max is perfect for this role. John is a fantastic romantic comedy character actor. I think Max would be too. But they are auditioning for Danny and I am still not convinced that Max is the right choice. After last night I'm not sure any of these guys are the right choice and Max might just turn out to be "the least wrong" for the role of any of the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2265688;
    I thought JT was really cute but not handsome. He has personality, charisma and a sense of humor plus he seems really humble.

Agree that Max has both plus talent, he can act and sing.

Max should win, he hasn't faltered at all, not in his singing, acting. He has that sparkle in his eye.

FORT Regular
    One of Max’s greatest assets appears to be his understanding that Danny is a complex multi-faceted character. Danny isn’t machismo; he’s “wanna be machismo”, aka “bravado.” Danny’s also a bit a geeky, vulnerable, and loveable! So is Max.

Max had to bring it last night and IMO he did. He has natural acting chops and simply inhabits his characters. His performance never appears pasted on as it does with some of the others. I’ve really liked this kid from his audition but last night he sealed the deal for me. He’s a triple threat – quirky fun, vulnerability, and bravado. The judges had it right last night (albeit begrudgingly from David Ian). Max is Danny! What a talented kid!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast