+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Max Crumm

He did a great job of looking more the part when he had his hair done. But, I don't see him in the role on Broadway. his voice is great but he doesn't own the part.

FORT Fogey
    He is what Brodway producers are looking for.

Maybe not as Danny, but I'm sure someone in the musical theatre will notice this guy. He is just a natural Broadway actor.

I agree, Justafan. I can see him having a great supporting role on Broadway at the moment. Or there's a perfect quirky role out there for him. He has the emotive personality and the voice.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2231200;
    I agree, Justafan. I can see him having a great supporting role on Broadway at the moment. Or there's a perfect quirky role out there for him. He has the emotive personality and the voice.
    Absolutely ! I think they may offer him a supporting ensemble or understudy role in this produaction of Grease. He is a great find and fit for many character and second lead roles.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

It always seem that the Judges seemed to favored him because act like Danny.

To the Point
    I never found John T. to be good looking. I loved the movie Grease, loved it! However, I can see Max way before several others! I think he has great acting ability and really strives to see it without being overboard. All of these guys, with the exception of Austin, will need work on making everything come off just a bit bigger because for the stage it has to be big to project to the audience.

That's a good point about Max, NCLurker. He doesn't appear to be acting. Every movement he makes seems to be perfectly natural. He has tons of nuances--being it the lift of a shoulder or nod of his head. To me he is very engaging and believable.

Crumm still alive in 'Grease'

Weldon B. Johnson
    The Arizona Republic

That Ahwatukee's Max Crumm is doing well in the NBC-TV talent competition, Grease, You're the One That I Want, doesn't come as a surprise to Bobb Cooper, Valley Youth Theatre's producing artistic director.

Cooper has seen Crumm in action for years, including major roles in two of the theater's productions of Grease.

"I've been watching along the way, and I tell you, it makes you feel proud to hear them say that he's one of the most talented people in that competition," Cooper said. "He is going to go far, whether he moves on as Danny in this production or not."

Crumm advanced in the competition Sunday. The 21-year-old is one of the 12 finalists competing for one of the lead roles of Danny or Sandy in a Broadway revival of Grease.

The show airs Sundays at 7 p.m. on Channel 12.

Crumm's performance Sunday - he sang It Takes Two - has generated a positive buzz in message boards on the show's Web site. Some of the comments there have him listed among the favorites to win.

He has also drawn praise from the judges in the competition even though he had been fighting the flu for most of the week before last Sunday's show.

That he seems as if he has a strong chance to land the role of Danny could be because, at least in part, of his familiarity with the play.

Crumm appeared in Valley Youth Theater productions of Grease in 2001 and 2004, though he did not play the lead role either time. In the first production, he was cast as Doody, and he played Kenickie in the 2004 production.

Crumm also had roles in other Valley Youth Theatre productions including The Wiz, Little Shop of Horrors and Titanic.

Cooper said it was Crumm's versatility, determination and incredible talent that would propel him to bigger and better things.

And performing well in a nationally televised competition won't hurt, either.

"From the blessings of the universe, Max has all the talent in the world," Cooper said. "and he's getting exposed to the right people."
    Link

I would like to see Max in a more serious/sexual romantic lead role this week--something like Austin or Chad did last week. If he can ooze sex appeal then he's got a great chance of landing this. The "It Takes Two" song was more of a romantic comedy and cute but not sexual--to me anyway.

Thanks for the article, SV.

About this :

He has also drawn praise from the judges in the competition even though he had been fighting the flu for most of the week before last Sunday's show.
    I thought Chad was the one who had been sick, but Max was as well ? I must have missed that.

Then these Einsteins have them all kissing each other so wonder if any of the women were sick too. I thought Kate in particular looked un-well.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast