Ashley Spencer

Nickname: "Ballerina Sandy"
    Hometown: Massillon, OH
    Audition City: Los Angeles

TRAINING:
    Vocal: 10 years
    Dance: 14 years of ballet, lyrical, tap, pointe, jazz & modern
    Acting: 8 years

FUN FACTS: She is a Pisces. Performed as Barbie on the national tour of "Barbie in Fairy-topia".

Ashley is a small-town girl who loves chocolate (she even hides it in her room in case she's having a craving in the middle of the night!), old movies with Fred Astaire and says she's closest to her mom, Molly. Molly claims that Ashley came out singing and dancing.
    Ashley says, "I wanted to be a prima ballerina from when I was a very little girl. I danced in smaller studios starting when I was 4 years old and I began competing when I was 7 years old." Ashley joined a ballet company when she was 10, but still competed as a solo dancer on the side. She says, "I remember having to change in the car a lot because I was also cheerleading and going to school. I was really serious about pursuing my dreams." Then a toe injury that progressively got worse and worse destroyed those dreams when Ashley was 14. "The doctor told me I had to stop dancing on pointe, which is what you need to do if you want to be a ballerina." In the end, Ashley did not let this injury stop her, she is still able to dance other styles and she says it helped her focus on singing and performing.

Ashley auditioned for the role of Barbie in the national tour of "Barbie in Fairy-topia" and was given the opportunity to be Barbie's understudy and perform in the show once a week. Though she was unable to attend college because her parents could not afford it, she has not let it keep her back. She says, "I'd much rather have the hands on experience than to learn it in a classroom."

Ashley came to our Los Angeles auditions with her last little bit of money and didn't even tell her family she was coming here. She feels that she puts a lot of heart into everything she does and calls herself "goofy" and "happy." Ashley says that she always dreamed of playing the role of "Sandy" on Broadway and says she was "born ready" for this opportunity.

FAVORITES:
    What genre of movies do you enjoy? I love all movies, especially older movies with Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly and Gone with the Wind.
    Favorite TV show: Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill/
    Favorite Actor: Danny Kaye
    Favorite Actress: Rachel McAdams
    Favorite Musical(s): White Christmas, Hairspray, Showboat
    Favorite Foods: I'm a very picky eater: love meat and steaks, chicken, veal. I love Italian food. I never really ate fast food.
    Favorite Color: Blue

Ashley is definitely my favorite. She has a likability factor, and because of that, she has a good chance of winning.

FORT Fogey
    Also, other than being likeable, she's darn good!!!

I can see her playing Barbie. She looks like Barbie.

she looks strange in that picture, but she is my pick for the win....
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I think she is my favorite for Sandy - she looks like Sandy and has a lovely voice. The only drawback is that she is a bit too tall and would have to be matched up with a taller Danny.

She seems to have the Sandy vibe going on, but I found this comment a bit strange -- has she not heard of student loans?

Though she was unable to attend college because her parents could not afford it, she has not let it keep her back.
    My guess is she really didn't have an interest in going to college, which is fine, but why blame her parents?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey
    I think she is going to fall short with the acting part of this role. I bet they will also say she fails at emotional depth. Just a hunch.

Danny Kaye is her favorite actor? This scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2213397;
    She seems to have the Sandy vibe going on, but I found this comment a bit strange -- has she not heard of student loans?

My guess is she really didn't have an interest in going to college, which is fine, but why blame her parents?
    My guess is it was some type of performing arts college that she couldn't afford to attend (can you get student loans for those?). I don't think she's blaming her parents for not having the money, at least I hope not.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

well you dont know her backstory, or what kind of a student she is... Not everyone is looking to go to a city college, or anything like that, my guess is that she would have been interested in a musical theater degree from a decent performing arts school, which is not cheap, and scholarships for those are harder to come by, everyone is talented
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast