+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ashley Spencer

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I noticed that she was the only Sandy who was wearing flats during the duets. I think if she was paired with Austin, she could wear heels again.

I thought the flats added to the youthful playfulness of their routine, but agree she probably did it to not be taller than Max (who needs to lose the high tops to appear leader of the packish).

My first thought when I saw Ashley was wearing flats (when the other ladies were in high heels) was that it probably was a height issue. Except for the end of the play, doesn't Sandy wear saddle shoes throughout? That's how I remember it anyway, so maybe this wouldn't be much of a problem if these two end up with the roles.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

She is my favorite female, so adorable and perky!

She has been one of my favorites but I didn't care too much for her this week. I'm not sure she has the depth that Laura does and too many of her performances are beginning to look the same.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    She's very pretty and has that long and sexy dancer's body. But her voice is a little thin. I think Laura has more depth and vocal power. Laura's also a smaller size, so while that shouldn't matter, it'll be easier to pair her up than someone like Ashley, who's taller.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2256914;
    She's very pretty and has that long and sexy dancer's body. But her voice is a little thin. I think Laura has more depth and vocal power. Laura's also a smaller size, so while that shouldn't matter, it'll be easier to pair her up than someone like Ashley, who's taller.
    I agree completely with respect to Ashley's voice. I don't think I could sit through a whole show listening to it. Ashley on paper sports the "Sandy" look but I think her performances come across forced and a bit stiff. She lacks the nuances needed for a truly layered performance.

I'm leaning toward Laura but I like Allie's performance this week as well.

I am so dense! I just learned the other day that Ashley is from my area and graduated from the local high school here, lol! Shows how much I pay attention sometimes, lol!

FORT Fan
    Her eyes like glitter when she performs.

I think Ashley is way too blah for me. She is way too big to play Sandy IMO. Sandy is a sweet naive girl, Ashley doesn't seem to be able to act through her singing to get that across. The height does throw me off, I am glad that others noticed it. She is blonde, but that is not enough to deserve the role. She has been weaker than Laura is every aspect from the start of the competition. I definitely would not go see her on Broadway.

She reminds me of a local performance I saw where the only blonde seemed to have automatically won the role of Sandy and she was horrible. It felt like they did everything in their power to get her off the stage quickly as soon as each scene was done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123