Thread: Kate Rockwell

Kate Rockwell

Nickname: "Serious Sandy"
    Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
    Audition City: New York

TRAINING:
    Vocal: 10 years
    Dance: 4 years of ballet, jazz, tap and modern
    Acting: 6 years - BA in Musical Theatre from Baldwin Wallace College Conservatory

FUN FACTS: She is a Leo. She has a tattoo of a butterfly on her back!

Kate is an actress who has actually enjoyed working in the food service industry as a Hostess and Waitress while she waits for her big break on Broadway. She was even once a Pizza Delivery Girl! She is the eldest of 3 siblings all of which are involved in different areas of performing arts; brother, Bear is age 16, and sister, Libet is age 19. Kate told her mother when she was just 3 years old that she wanted to be a singer.\
    Growing up Kate was mousy and introverted, but found her place in the theater which is where she blossomed into the confident woman she is today. She says she doesn't know what sparked her interest in performing initially, but feels that she just naturally gravitated towards performing because her family was always very musically inclined and because as the eldest child she loved the attention.

While Kate had a large group of friends from the theater, she was not popular in school outside of that. She likes good music, anything vampire related, spending money on people for no reason (like buying a friend dinner or sending someone a card in the mail) and says she is obsessed with Dave Matthews even once throwing herself at the Escalade he was in.

Kate says she draws her strength from a very strange image-the Blue Morpho Butterfly (native to Brazil), which she has a tattoo of on her back. She says she that she got it to remind herself that "beauty is so much more than on the outside and sometimes it takes real work to see what that real beauty is, but if you put in the effort and the time, the payoff is always so high."

Of her Grease experience so far Kate says she was nervous about being around the cameras, but has learned so much in such a short time that she surprised herself. She's been imagining being on a Broadway stage for the past 6 years and feels blessed that she's so close to achieving her dream.

FAVORITES:
    What genre of movies do you enjoy? I like just about anything but epic dramas (think "Pride and Prejudice") and action. I especially love fantasy and Disney and cartoon movies. Also, I love scary movies.
    Favorite Musical(s): Phantom of the Opera, Beauty & the Beast, Moulin Rouge, Sweeney Todd
    Favorite TV show(s): Law & Order (all of them, but SVU is my favorite) and Nip/Tuck
    Favorite Actor(s): Robin Williams, Johnny Depp, Daniel Day Lewis, Sean Penn. I really admire actors who chose their roles carefully.
    Favorite Actress(es): Judy Garland, Audrey Hepburn, Meryl Streep
    Favorite Singer(s): Frank Sinatra, Eva Cassidy
    Favorite Group(s): Something Corporate, Dave Matthews Band.
    Favorite Foods: Strawberries, pizza, lobster
    Favorite Color: Blue

she is okay, but probably one of my least favorite sandy wannabees... something about the way she grabs her chest when she sings, she did it several times so far, it annoys me, and her voice seems more forced than some of the others
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I'll say she was my early fav when I seen her ~ once. I don't remember seeing her much until this past episode, so I didn't notice the chest grabbing. Although I'm sure I'll notice it now
    Something about her just stuck in my mind.
    Reading her info here (thanks Fluff) I bet it's because she's a Leo...both my kids are Leo's
    ---------------------
    opps....

FORT Fogey
    I think she is going to make it far. I have to be on the alert for the chest clutching, however. That does not sound good.

I didn't notice any chest clutching, but that could be dealt with ... possibly just nervous mannerism ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

There are certain angles where she is a dead ringer for a young Kim Cattrell (of Sex in the City fame).

Kate and her bio deserve another look after last night's show.

I didn't realize she had this training either:
    TRAINING
    Vocal: 10 years
    Dance: 4 years of ballet, jazz, tap and modern
    Acting: 6 years - BA in Musical Theatre from Baldwin Wallace College Conservatory
    Her voice gave me goosebumps -- like Lea Salonga's does.
    She has a broad range of training in dance and a degree in acting/Musical Theatre.

He face and demeanor definitely qualify for the "sweet" ... so all she needs is to demonstrate the "sexy" side of the character.

She should definitely be one of the last 3 Sandy's standing.

Mohandas Gandhi

She has an incredible voice. I'm not sold on her as Sandy yet, due to lack of spunk or enthusiasm, compared to some other Sandy wannabe's. I can't wait to have her show us her fun and sexy side because if she can pull it off and has any chemistry with a leading Danny she could win this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;2220489;
    She has an incredible voice. I'm not sold on her as Sandy yet, due to lack of spunk or enthusiasm, compared to some other Sandy wannabe's. I can't wait to have her show us her fun and sexy side because if she can pull it off and has any chemistry with a leading Danny she could win this whole thing.
    Jim Jacobs may have called it with Kate and Chad as his favorites on Sunday's show. At this point I agree with him insofar as them being a "match" and absolutely think the have the right look for the roles but need to see if there is stage chemistry that works. Nothing worse than watching a play where one of a lead couple just doesn't "fit" with the other. It's distracting !

So ... have to see the dancing yet, but most importantly the acting and interaction.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular
    I think she has he best singing voice, She has to loosen up a bit more, but out of the girls she stands out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast