Thread: Kathleen Monteleone

Kathleen Monteleone

Nickname: "Spiritual Sandy"
    Hometown: Tigard, OR
    Audition City: New York

TRAINING:
    Vocal: 4 years
    Dance: 13 years of tap, jazz and ballet
    Acting: 4 years - BA in Theatre Performance from Marymount Manhattan College.

FUN FACTS: She is a Pisces and is our only married Greaser.

Kathleen was born in Germany, but her family moved to Oregon while she was still a baby. Though she had no memories of her time there, she always felt a longing for it and ended up going as an exchange student when she was in high school. Her big sister, Sarah, is a big driving force in Kathleen's life and it's because of Sarah that Kathleen started performing in the first place. Sarah was a dancer and like any normal little sister who worships her big sis, Kathleen copied her. Kathleen loves romantic comedies, Christian Bale and hates when people step on the back of her feet.
    Though Kathleen's dream her whole life has been to be a Broadway star, she met the man she wanted to marry right after college. Frank and Kathleen were introduced at Christian City Church - Manhattan (C3M) by mutual friends (and pastors of the church). Kathleen now is a worship leader (she says it's like the band leader) at C3M. She says for the first time her priorities shifted and while the dream for Broadway was just as big, marrying Frank had become bigger and more important. Although she puts her marriage first, Kathleen refuses to give up on her dream to star on Broadway and Frank is very supportive.

Kathleen says that family and friends were so doubtful of her at one point that she made a goal between herself and god that within a year of getting married she would either be on Broadway or "have a major gig happening." The day after her one year anniversary she was on a plane to Los Angeles for Grease Academy!

So far Grease has been a difficult experience for Kathleen, but said that everyone has become a big family. She knows this will mean a big change in her life and she's hoping she can juggle this along with her personal life. Kathleen says, "I know I'm not as prepared as I think I am. Really I'm thinking about the here and now…so I can keep focused."

FAVORITES:
    What genre of movies do you enjoy? Romantic comedies, movie musicals ("Newsies"), mysteries and history ("Saving Private Ryan")
    Favorite TV show(s): Will & Grace, Everybody Loves Raymond and Entourage
    Favorite Actor(s): Jude Law and Christian Bale
    Favorite Actress(es): Reese Witherspoon, Rachel McAdams and Bette Midler
    Favorite Singer(s): Mariah Carey, "I like the voices of female country singers."
    Favorite Band(s): Aerosmith
    Favorite Foods: "If I could eat any meal ever it would be baked tortellini and carrot salad like what I ate in Germany with my host mom. I also love seafood (any type). My mom makes a lot of great German dishes."
    Favorite Musical(s): Newsies, 42nd Street, Wicked, The Last Five Years, Rent and Miss Saigon.
    Favorite Color: Red

she's a little too harsh for my taste
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I don't remember which blonde she was, but I do remember being impressed with her when they flashed her name on the screen.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

she was the best one in her vocal group, (the avril lavigne complicated song) but that certainly wasn't saying much... I think that she will be one of the first girls to get eliminated, she doesn't have the same sweetness vibe that has come across from the other sandys
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

eh, she was better than I thought she was going to be... but she's still not a favorite of mine, something about her just doesn't seem as wholesome as Laura (who was also unimpressive, but can't help but route for her) or Juliana

Theree is something off/odd about her, that I can't put my finger on.

I can't see her as Sandy, nor can I see her paired with any of the Danny hopefuls. I too think she will be eliminated early.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    I'm wondering what's with the big tops. Could she be pregnant? If she's not wearing snug-fitting tops because of her religious convictions, then she can't be Sandy at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2220397;
    Theree is something off/odd about her, that I can't put my finger on.

I can't see her as Sandy, nor can I see her paired with any of the Danny hopefuls. I too think she will be eliminated early.
    Her eyes and smile were what stood out to me during her song. So mechanical. I think she'd make a great Patty Simcox.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Yes, it's something about her face, doesn't seem like the right person for Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2220467;
    I think she'd make a great Patty Simcox.
    Yes! She's a perfect fit for Patty Simcox. I found her too overly dramatic, whereas Sandy needs to have more of a natural innocence about her.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast