+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kathleen Monteleone

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2241792;
    I feel the same way. I am just not feeling her as sandy. Nice enough I am sure, however I can't help feel this is not the right fit with her.
    Just read her bio and now I feel kinda bad about her leaving, 'cause she's sorta my neighbor. (She lives in a nearby suburb.)

Oh, well.

Seriously, I think she's very pretty and talented but just not right for Sandy. I know Olivia Newton-John and Stockard Channing were both about 30 when they filmed the movie version, but they were sort of credible as teenagers if you didn't analyze their faces too carefully. Kathleen may be 23, but there's a hardness and maturity to her face that makes her look more like 35. I could never see the girlish, innocent Sandy in her performances.

I hope she goes on to other Broadway roles, but she just isn't right for this one. Maybe she could be Rizzo? (Same age character, but tougher.)
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

FORT Regular
    I think Kathleen is enormously talented and will find her way to Broadway. She's got great acting instincts.

I agree. I think she's got what it takes (drive, skills, maturity) to succeed in singing/acting as a career, but to me, she came across as about 10 years older than the Sandy character.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2273250;
    I agree. I think she's got what it takes (drive, skills, maturity) to succeed in singing/acting as a career, but to me, she came across as about 10 years older than the Sandy character.
    I agree, she didn't feel right as Sandy. Perhaps she has a wisdom beyond years that just can't be downplayed enough. Anyway, I hope this was an opportunity that leads her to something great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123