Thread: Allie Shulz

Allie Shulz

Nickname: "Baby Sandy"
    Hometown: Nashville, TN
    Audition City: New York

TRAINING:
    Vocal: 1 1/2 years.
    Dance: 8 years of ballet.
    Acting: Atlantic Acting School and studied with David Monty at Interlochen Arts Academy.

FUN FACTS: She is a Capricorn. She is the youngest Sandy in the competition!

Allie is anything but your typical 19 year old girl and describes herself as open, fun and impulsive. And impulsive she is! Allie took a very big, courageous step when she moved all the way to New York City from Nashville by herself at the age of 18 to try to make her way on Broadway.
    Allie began at an academic high school, but the summer before her senior year she ended up at a performing arts summer camp called Interlochen Arts Camp. The staff at the camp was so impressed with her that they invited her to come to Interlochen Arts Academy, a selective performing arts boarding school in Michigan that only has a total of 500 students each year.

Allie said going to Interlochen taught her responsibility and prepared her for living in Manhattan, but she says she misses the structure she had there. She claims her biggest challenge has been having all of her friends in college while she lives on her own for the first time without any real support system.

When she first moved to New York City, Allie lived in a women's residence in Greenwich Village. She also has been working at her uncle's dance studio while taking various acting, singing and dance classes. Allie loves Chai tea, thunderstorms and actors Matt Damon and George Clooney.

Allie says her involvement in Grease has been surreal, especially after speaking show creator, Jim Jacobs, at Grease Academy, but it hasn't been as nerve-wracking as she thought it would be. When asked how she thought the show would change her life, Allie said, "A lot…because millions of people will know who I am. This is the perfect thing for me…I need a creative outlet."

FAVORITES:
    What genre of movies do you enjoy? Drama
    Favorite TV show: "The Comeback", "Sex & The City", "Curb Your Enthusiasm"
    Favorite Actor: Matt Damon and George Clooney
    Favorite Actress: Raven Simone
    Favorite Singer: Bette Midler
    Favorite Foods: Sushi, raspberries, green tea ice cream, baked brie, Krispy Kreme doughnuts and pesto sauce.
    Favorite Musical(s): Crazy for You and Hair.
    Favorite Color: Pink

Thanks, fluff. I was wondering if someone was bringing those bios over.

Allie is a cutie.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Don't remember her. She's okay, not strong opinion yet.

FORT Fogey
    She is the one that stands out to me, very strongly. She got my attention immediately as did Kate. I expect to see one of them as Sandy.

Of course I reserve the right to change my mind and deny this prediction. Denying is difficult with the written word but I can claim a spell.

Oh I adore Miss Allie. She did great singing and dancing. I will be voting for her. She stands out to me the best.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Newbie
    I thought Allie, Ashley and Kate were the strongest during what I've seen of the auditions. I can't wait to see and hear more from all of them. It's to early for me to pick just one.

FORT Fogey
    Allie was head and shoulders above the rest, for me. Her look and vibe is Sandy. She is definately still my favorite. I voted for her for about 10 mins straight. This is the first time I have called in a vote on any show.

She has the personality for the role of Sandy, the spunk. Her vocal are just a little bit weak but she's still very good.

I don't care for her as Sandy.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I don't like her. She reminds me of Kristin from "Laguna Beach." I thought her singing was weak and she had no stage presence while singing. Meh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast