+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

1/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Oopsie. . . late.

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only until midnight Eastern time.

Thanks, and enjoy the show.

Ho hum.

It's okay so far. Hardly gripping though.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think they should be looking for others in the cast not just the leads. The show is a bit boring.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Yeah, if America chooses the wrong Sandy and Danny, it'll fail. We know you chose them already!

I didn't catch that...what is there to discuss with Matt?

Generally by the end I STILL didn't care about most of these results, one way or the other, other than still being annoyed that the smarmy Austin dude is still around. America will probably fall for his crap too, but I just find him slimy and too prepackaged.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Matthew (the last guy cut) should have been cut a long time ago. He can't sing. He can't dance. He's fugly (in my mean opinion). He doesn't look good enough to make up for his lack of talent.

That British judge (David Ian) had such qualms about the last guy picked (is his name Max?) 'cause he didn't think he looked like Danny. Gees, get over it. That's what hair and makeup is for. When he's wearing black and has his hair slicked back, he passes for Danny well enough.

Austin is totally a pretty boy, but he's got the entire package--looks, stature, dancing ability and sings well enough (though not as well as Max). I like him a lot--but probably not as much as he likes himself.

ETA: Krom and I posted at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2211555;
    ... other than still being annoyed that the smarmy Austin dude is still around. America will probably fall for his crap too, but I just find him slimy and too prepackaged.
    He may be smarmy (but he's a professional actor, so what do you expect?), but when he's on stage, he's got presence. I find myself actually watching him. Whereas when most of the other guys are on, I'm like, "Do I have any more laundry to fold?"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2211556;
    Matthew (the last guy cut) should have been cut a long time ago. He can't sing. He can't dance. He's fugly (in my mean opinion). He doesn't look good enough to make up for his lack of talent.

That British judge (David Ian) had such qualms about the last guy picked (is his name Max?) 'cause he didn't think he looked like Danny. Gees, get over it. That's what hair and makeup is for. When he's wearing black and has his hair slicked back, he passes for Danny well enough.

Austin is totally a pretty boy, but he's got the entire package--looks, stature, dancing ability and sings well enough (though not as well as Max). I like him a lot--but probably not as much as he likes himself.

ETA: Krom and I posted at the same time...

He may be smarmy (but he's a professional actor, so what do you expect?), but when he's on stage, he's got presence. I find myself actually watching him. Whereas when most of the other guys are on, I'm like, "Do I have any more laundry to fold?"

I am torn.. he looks a grat deal like my ex.. sigh..
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Wow - no one here tonight. I wonder if that's indicative of the audience.

This has still failed to grip me, too. No one to get excited about. I like the notion of opening up some of the other parts, too.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Wow...he was easily my favorite and I would have actually gone to visit my Uncle Dom in NYC to see him in the production.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast