+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightsky;2211955;
    What happened to the guy whose girlfriend got mad she wasn't picked and left him because he was picked? Did he make the final 12?
    He got cut and he was really ticked off about it. I always had the feeling that they let him get this far so they could cause drama between the couple--one makes it, while the other doesn't...and now that that drama is played out, they cut him, too. (That's just my theory--probably isn't true as I'm usually wrong about these things! )

Now don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that Austin's the best thing since sliced bread. I think watching him on TV or in a film would annoy me (I agree--he does look plastic, like a Ken doll--even his hair doesn't look real). BUT, he's charismatic and has that larger than life presence that I think will translate well on stage.

There're two other guys I like--I forgot one of their name's--one's the soccer coach and part of the "trio" that made it through. He's the one the judges all loved at the L.A. audition. I also like Derrick (??), the guy with the "arms" that the judges liked in the New York audition.

Sorry, I don't remember Allie! The girls I like--the two brunettes. The one whose last name is Hansen (with the long brown hair) and the one who's cute as a button (she's a cocktail waitress).
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 01-22-2007 at 02:58 PM.

This show is very boring! The should pick other members for the cast, not just the lead roles.

I thought it was going to be Matt and Ashley Anderson. Now I think it boring because obvious they want a guy named Max to be sho in to win.

Obvious I like that Chad guy who trying to play Danny. I dont' know about the girls.

I was disappointed in the show's format last night. If you're going to have them perform on stage live in front of "celebrities," then have them perform songs/bits from "Grease." Singing Avril Lavigne doesn't work for me. Neither does covering Roy Orbison (which is difficult enough to do for professional singers.)

ETA: Fluff, thanks for adding the cast's bios/photos. That helps a lot...but I think one of the girls is missing...I can't remember her name. She's the tiny brunette (from the L.A. audition) and she and one of the Ashleys bonded--they both made it into the next round. Not Juliana Hansen (the taller brunette)...I wish I could remember their names! I remember Austin and Max and that's about it...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 01-22-2007 at 05:58 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2212266;
    I was disappointed in the show's format last night. If you're going to have them perform on stage live in front of "celebrities," then have them perform songs/bits from "Grease." Singing Avril Lavigne doesn't work for me. Neither does covering Roy Orbison (which is difficult enough to do for professional singers.)
    I agree. I have was really enjoying the show until they went pop in that segment. They need to stick to the theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2212266;
    ETA: Fluff, thanks for adding the cast's bios/photos. That helps a lot...but I think one of the girls is missing...I can't remember her name. She's the tiny brunette (from the L.A. audition) and she and one of the Ashleys bonded--they both made it into the next round. Not Juliana Hansen (the taller brunette)...I wish I could remember their names! I remember Austin and Max and that's about it...
    I believe you are talking about the last girl that was cut. She was paired up against Ashley for the last spot and Ashley made it and she didn't.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2212398;
    I believe you are talking about the last girl that was cut. She was paired up against Ashley for the last spot and Ashley made it and she didn't.
    Oh, I think her name was Kara. I could've sworn they chose her to go onto next week's show. Oops, shows how good my recall is! Good thing I'm not the one writing recaps!

Well I am going to a dress rehearsal tomorrow...so that will be fun
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2211824;
    I liked her. But I like Ashley (her friend) more, so I wasn't that sad she didn't make it.
    No no, that is what I was saying, I think that Ashley has the best voice... Juliana is still my favorite though, not sure what it is about her that makes me love her so much
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2212439;
    Well I am going to a dress rehearsal tomorrow...so that will be fun

A dress rehearsal for this show ????

Report, please.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123