+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2211697;
    Wow - no one here tonight. I wonder if that's indicative of the audience.

This has still failed to grip me, too. No one to get excited about. I like the notion of opening up some of the other parts, too.
    Kind of sad. I had high hopes for this show ... and for lots of activity here at the FORT. Looks like Grease isn't the one anybody wants.

Me ? I'm still enjoying it. I do think they packed a little too much into tonight's show ... amd frankly, I got my Ashley's mixed up.

I'm wondering if the order in which they showed the finalists is the way they will have them paired.

Incidentally, my favorite Danny ... so far ... is Chad.

The jury is still out on Sandy.

Next week will be a 2-Hour show that I plan to watch.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2211747;
    Wow...he was easily my favorite and I would have actually gone to visit my Uncle Dom in NYC to see him in the production.
    JLuvs, he was my favorite guy, too. But when I think about it, I think the judges made the right descion. He wasn't ready at all.

I'm happy Ashley made it. I bet she'll win.

I'm thinking that the show will pick up now, even the british version was a bit boring during the maria training camp... I do think they have some very talented girls, the guys I'm not completely sold on just yet... Austin is good, but he annoys me, and he looks SO plastic it's creepy. There is one other guy that I keep noticing, but they haven't really focused on at all, so maybe he'll emerge as a contender starting next week. As far as the women go, I really like 3 of the finalists, the girl with the dark hair is my favorite, I absolutely adore her, not really sure why... I think the one with the best voice was the last one that made it in over her friend.
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82;2211823;
    I think the one with the best voice was the last one that made it in over her friend.
    I liked her. But I like Ashley (her friend) more, so I wasn't that sad she didn't make it.

I'm really enjoying this show, but unfortunately cannot post here at the same time.

I am hoping that it picks up a bit and now that we have the final 12, we get to know them more and see them more. Some of the final 12, I dont' remember at all, like that Kate....I don't remember seeing her before tonight, but what I did see I liked!

As for the guys, I like Max, probably because we've actually seen him a few times. The Austin guys you all are talking about...I agree is very creepy plastic looking. LIke a Ken Doll. I hope he doesnt' go too far.

I'm really looking forward to next weeks 2 hour show. Anyone know how the voting will be done. Online? Phone?? I hope I can vote...
    ---------------------
    opps....

What happened to the guy whose girlfriend got mad she wasn't picked and left him because he was picked? Did he make the final 12?

I think this show will get more interesting when we really get to know the final 12. What did they mean in the previews that the final 12 may not actually be the final 12?

Quote Originally Posted by wwhippetcrazy;2211941;
    I am hoping that it picks up a bit and now that we have the final 12, we get to know them more and see them more. Some of the final 12, I dont' remember at all, like that Kate....I don't remember seeing her before tonight, but what I did see I liked!

As for the guys, I like Max, probably because we've actually seen him a few times. The Austin guys you all are talking about...I agree is very creepy plastic looking. LIke a Ken Doll. I hope he doesnt' go too far.

I'm really looking forward to next weeks 2 hour show. Anyone know how the voting will be done. Online? Phone?? I hope I can vote...
    I missed the second show (our TiVo died...the horror!), but I caught it last night. Austin did seem a lot more polished (for obvious reasons) and it's more fun to root for the underdog than someone who's already had so much success. But, if Days Of Our Lives fans start voting, then he might go far. In my opinion that's what carried Kelly Monaco so far on Dancing With The Stars (i.e., General Hospital fans).

I'm not sure how the voting will be done. If I had to guess, I'd guess by phone and maybe text messaging. I looked on NBC's website -- it doesn't say.

I know that the first three episodes were taped in advance, but I still thought it was amusing that David Ian kept complaining that the show could be a financial disaster if the wrong Danny and Sandy are picked. They sold $1.3 million in tickets in the first two days that the tickets were on sale and the show doesn't even open for another six months!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/104746.html
    Last edited by MMLEsq; 01-22-2007 at 10:26 AM.

I was switching between this show and another one. I have been entertained by this show, but I can't say it's been ENTERTAINING. I don't think they made any tremendous mistakes by eliminating who they eliminated.

anyone like Allie? I thought she did great.
    Last edited by totoro; 01-23-2007 at 08:45 PM. Reason: removed hotlinked photo
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

I can't keep all the blondes apart in my mind, although there were a couple that I liked. I do like the dark haired girl (Tara?), and I really like Lexi - one of the girls they cut after the showcase. By what little they showed of her, I thought she had a great voice and nice stage presence. Wrong skin tone, I guess

For Danny, I was impressed by Chad, and did agree with letting Matthew go, although I felt terrible for him. He needs voice training; right now, it sounds way too forced and one-dimensional, but I had the impression that proper training would do the trick - he has the raw material.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast