+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

To the Point
    The girl who bolted on her guy was just all kinds of wrong on every level. Makes you wonder if she just had him a long as part of her shtick. Funny how things work out sometimes.

Gah - I just can't get past the Jay Manuel factor on the British judge. The auditions themselves have been about as interesting as they were last week… (not very).

I'm waiting for the Grease Academy. I hope it gets better, because the premise has so much promise. Why aren't there any great auditions?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Who was the guy from rockville center? he's raw and has potential.... and his personality is great.

(first time post!, looong time lurker)

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;2204733;
    Wow! She just bolted and dumped him. WoW!

That was not right at all.
    Yeah, I know. And I'm disappointed. I was really rooting for her during her audition, and then she breaks up with the poor guy just because he made it and she didn't.

And I was surprised Anne Marie (or was it Anna Marie), the girl who was told to clean up her act, did not make it through. Her dance was average, but her voice was great. And she did what they told her to do which was clean up her look.

Quote Originally Posted by Riskyfreak1;2204869;
    Who was the guy from rockville center? he's raw and has potential.... and his personality is great.

I don't know an answer to your question, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2204838;
    I missed the show tonight. Do they repeat it on NBC or Bravo or any place? (I can't believe I just asked that...)
    I saw a repeat of the first show on Bravo. Check your listings.

Quote Originally Posted by Riskyfreak1;2204869;

He's the 50s kid that moved on to Grease Academy. I forgot his name...could be Matt?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    I think too many of us are forgetting that the person who wrote this play/musical is there.. and they ARE based on real people form HIS life not just Olivia and John. Yes they may be the most remembered for us.. but that was a Hollywood movie, this is his life or was his life and he has an idea how they should look, act, and be personality wise. So many people are not gonna cut it when you have to factor in someone who can act, sing, dance and push all that to the last row in the theater.

On a side note from my rant.. hehe.. yes the chick who dumped her boyfriend after she didn't get in... I honestly have no words to project how that disgusted me as she did it. Women like her give us a bad name
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

- The 40-something lady named Rizzo had a nice voice, but they said she was singing like Judy Garland -- wrong era I guess ?

- The Hairspray guy is too polished for me. I want to see "raw" talent as that one hunky guy said he hoped he had.

- I guess we now know why the lovebirds got so much air time. I think it's interesting that he made it and she didn't and I think they made the right decision there. He understudied Danny somewhere and I believe she played Sandy somewhere ? He's probably grateful and, from a director's point of view, malleable. To me she seemed like she felt entitled -- and if they both had made it he would have taken a back seat. Rejecting this opportunity because of her would be awful. After her shameful behavior, I hope he realizes he's well rid of her and moves forward.

- It's really too bad that they didn't set this up to cast some of the other parts.

- Thank you very much FireWoman ! As for Judge Jim Jacobs, note that they deferred to him. He really did actually know these people, and all the characters are based on real individuals or composites. He also knows the setting and the circumstances of the times.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2205126;
    - I guess we now know why the lovebirds got so much air time. I think it's interesting that he made it and she didn't and I think they made the right decision there. He understudied Danny somewhere and I believe she played Sandy somewhere ? He's probably grateful and, from a director's point of view, malleable. To me she seemed like she felt entitled -- and if they both had made it he would have taken a back seat. Rejecting this opportunity because of her would be awful. After her shameful behavior, I hope he realizes he's well rid of her and moves forward.
    They sounded horrible singing together. Sheesh! They had obviously been singing those songs together and couldn't even blend with one another's voices. I really didn't think she could sing well at all. He wasn't that much better, but it seemed they were hard up for guys.

Yes, she was a loser--in more ways than one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast