+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Absolute Rip Off Of Idol

Yes, the 'triple threat' must be a tough combination to find in young people.

I'm also a huge fan of musical theater, having been introduced to it by my parents when I was a little girl. I've seen quite a variety from classics like Mary Martin in Peter Pan eons ago to Rent and Chicago just a few months ago in Los Angeles. Mr. Rose and I will be seeing Aida, Mermaids and Forever Tango this year, and I can't wait. It's fun to meet other theater rats such as yourselves, and good to know I'm in good company.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2266694;
    Perhaps that's the problem. This show and AI shouldn't be drawing the same talent and peeople shouldn't be comparing the two. Remember all of Simon's jibes at AI contestants he said were too "broadway" ? Yes ... some AI contestants may have talent that can translate -- Jennifer Hudson being case in point -- but AI is looking for different type talent than Grease so it's not an apt comparison.
    BINGO! That's the perfect description of how and why you cannot compare the two shows.

It's just like people complaining that these contestants have odd facial gestures...but that's exactly what you need for Broadway.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2267066;
    BINGO! That's the perfect description of how and why you cannot compare the two shows.

It's just like people complaining that these contestants have odd facial gestures...but that's exactly what you need for Broadway.
    Hey, Broadway ! I am one of those who said specifically that Derek had odd facial gestures ... but he was mugging and actually grimacing... which I thought was not a good thing when he was supposedly "romancing" a girl ! He looked like he was more in pain than in love. But who knows ... maybe she had bad breath.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

To be fair, I didn't see his performance the night that you had mentioned that comment... but I know others have made comments about others as well, namely Austin and Ashley.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I never liked American Idol; it makes fun of and insults people who are delusional about their talents. Despite its popularity, I have never watched more than 10 minutes of that show.
    I like this show because I am a long time Grease fan and because it showcase contestants with some talents. It treats even eliminated contestants with dignity and respect by singing them off at the end of each show. That is why I have watch every episode and recorded most of the latter episodes of this show.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234