+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Oh, the mean girl's name is Rizzo.

I think they were drawn to people who's looks favored Olivia Newton John and John Travolta.....(especially the 17 yr old girl and the 42 yr old guy) they should put blond wigs on all the girls and black wigs on all the guys.....then it would give all a more level advantage....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Wow, only 7 from Chicago.

This is definitely a keeper show for me. I just love Grease and like the pace of the show.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Hm. I was actually kind of excited for this, after hearing how successful the UK version was. But no one popped. I don't know whether that's because there was truly no one special at either of the auditions (kind of hard to believe) or because of poor editing, but there's no one I particularly care about at this point.

I'll try again next week, but I hope it gets better. There's no energy at all - realyl lifeless, boring editing.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2198457;
    Wow, only 7 from Chicago.
    As said --- very, very, sad. Although to be honest, I never even knew it was going on in October when they auditioned at the Portage Theatre of all places. Chicago is loaded with talented people and I'm just shocked.

There definitely was no local buzz. I found out about the show by reading it here at the FORT !

The local NBC channel had 2 people on tonight's news broadcast ... a dating couple from Mount Prospect ( a Northwest Suburb) who auditioned together ... but I don't remember seeing them. They were watching the show together from a restaurant where he works ... so I would say they didn't make it far.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2198480;
    Hm. I was actually kind of excited for this, after hearing how successful the UK version was. But no one popped. I don't know whether that's because there was truly no one special at either of the auditions (kind of hard to believe) or because of poor editing, but there's no one I particularly care about at this point.

I'll try again next week, but I hope it gets better. There's no energy at all - realyl lifeless, boring editing.
    Wasn't the UK one for a different musical though? Maybe that has something to do with it. I like the fact the editing didn't focus on too many people. Then there won't be these huge fan bases before it goes to the public vote.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I'd tune in again without being forced to do so. I usually find the audition part of these shows boring. I'm looking forward to the "Grease Academy" stuff. I was sad the pharmaceutical gal didn't make it; I liked her voice and look. I guess she couldn't dance. Some of these people that didn't make it were good, but, as they were told, they weren't the right character for which they were auditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2198499;
    I'd tune in again without being forced to do so. I usually find the audition part of these shows boring. I'm looking forward to the "Grease Academy" stuff. I was sad the pharmaceutical gal didn't make it; I liked her voice and look. I guess she couldn't dance. Some of these people that didn't make it were good, but, as they were told, they weren't the right character for which they were auditioning.

The kid who slicked back his hair had somewhat the right "look" and the little girl in the yellow top would be his "opposite".
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2198494;
    Wasn't the UK one for a different musical though? Maybe that has something to do with it. I like the fact the editing didn't focus on too many people. Then there won't be these huge fan bases before it goes to the public vote.
    The UK version that I'm familiar with was How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? and they wre casting for The Sound of Music. I think that Grease has the advantage there personally.

I'll definitely be back again next week since I've always been curious about the Maria show and never got to see it, this is the closest I can get.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast