+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    billy is trying too hard to be like ryan.
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 01-07-2007 at 08:24 PM.

why are they having them sing songs that other characters sing???

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2198122;
    why are they having them sing songs that other characters sing???
    At a typical Broadway audition, you actually don't even sing songs from the show - they have you sing whatever you want, though they usually stipulate that it be in the "vein" of the show (Gershwin, pop song, etc.).

FORT Fogey
    What's the point of the second host?

Quote Originally Posted by BeccaAH;2198127;
    At a typical Broadway audition, you actually don't even sing songs from the show -
    This is anything but a typical Broadway audition.

okay, that was kinda lame ... but i'm sure i'll watch again next week LOL

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2198144;
    What's the point of the second host?
    If the second host is the girl, I am presuming since the show is not on for awhile yet here, she should actually have a little more credibility than Billy as she has been in a few musicals.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Yeah, what's with prospective Sandys singing one of Rizzo's songs? Sandy's a soprano, and Rizzo is supposed to be an alto/mezzo.

But I was in the mood for a demonstration of the vital principle that, if a person tells you how good they are, they aren't.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    OK, am I totally pathetic or what? I watched this, even missing the first half hour of "Desperate Housewives." I thought it was OK. I thought that Jim Jacobs was kind of mean. I also thought some of the contestants were ridiculous--like some of the 40ish looking women trying out for the part of Sandy. OK, Olivia Newton-John was 29 or 30 when she filmed her role and I thought she (and Travolta) were both too old for the roles (she thought she was, too, she said in an interview a while back), but they were good. I thought it was interesting that the judges cut the Los Angeles boy for being too young (he was 17), but they kept the girl from Chicago--who's also 17. Just goes to show that they like the traditional casting of boy looking older than girl--even if they're supposed to be the same age.

Yeah, but girls mature faster than boys. The 17-year-old boy in Los Angeles could sing, but he looked as if puberty hadn't kicked in. Could anyone believe him as a romantic lead with a Sandy actually in her 20s? She'd be twice his size, just because he hadn't shot up and filled out yet. Even the 17-year-old gal in Chicago could have picked him up with one hand.

I suspect the 17-year-old girl is along sort of as the Kelli Pickler of this show, anyway. We're supposed to root for her until she proves too immature to handle the pressure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast