+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billy Bush - Host

Billy Bush - Host

Billy is no stranger to television. As co-anchor of "Access Hollywood," he is one of the best-known personalities in entertainment broadcasting. In addition to his on-air duties at "Access Hollywood," Billy also serves as a contributor for NBC's top-rated morning news program, "Today." Billy began his career hosting an afternoon radio drive-time show in New Hampshire, later moving to Washington, D.C. where he hosted a midday show. In March of 1997, Bush brought his award-winning talent for entertainment and humor to the "Billy Bush and the Bush League Morning Show," which aired until January 2001.

So they got a Troll to host their show?

Doesn't recommend it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Oh, please. Billy Bush doesn't seem any better or worse than Ryan Seacrest. A host is a host. I have a feeling all this bashing is coming from his last name. I'll bet he'd be the cooooooolest dude around if his last name was 'Clinton'.....

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;2199545;
    Oh, please. Billy Bush doesn't seem any better or worse than Ryan Seacrest. A host is a host. I have a feeling all this bashing is coming from his last name. I'll bet he'd be the cooooooolest dude around if his last name was 'Clinton'.....
    Billy Clinton ? I think not !

I personally don't care much for Billy Bush, but I agree a host is a host. Just don't take time away from the hopefuls to focus on him. I would have rather seen Jim Jacobs traveling around the old places with some of his old friends.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm glad you know whats in my head.

I disliked the guy before I even knew he was related to Dubya--pretty much from the first time I saw him on Access Hollywood. It's his annoying bouncy delivery and ingratiating smile.

And if a host is just a host, in other words if they are all interchangeable, than a lot of electrons and ink have been wasted over the years, not only criticizing certain hosts, but it would follow also lauding others. All of those volumes of material written about how great Jeff Probst and Phil Keogh are, for example, poof! Up in smoke.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-10-2007 at 07:04 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Given that Billy Bush puts so much energy into trying to make sure he's not identified as a part of the Bush family, and the natural family distance that he has to the politically-known members of his family (W is the eldest grandson, Billy is one of, if not the, youngest ... not exactly close cousins with a lifetime of memories together) I don't think that any political connections that he hides can really be attributed to Billy hate. Heck, I'm a W supporter who campaigned for him twice, and I'm not a big Billy fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2200840;
    All of those volumes of material written about how great Jeff Probst and Phil Keogh are, for example, poof! Up in smoke.

They are different kinds of hosts arent they ?

I think Jeff and Phil are more important parts of the shows they host and integral to on camera and behind the scenes issues as well as having some influence on production decisions.

Ryan and Billy (to me) are just ... um ... generic "spokesmodels" ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Billy is very disarming to look at. Seems very creepy and robotic.

Comparing him to Ryan Seacrest doesn't help in my opinion, I can't stand either

I also didn't like him before I knew he was one of "those" Bush's. Hey, I like Ben Mulroney (host of Canadian Idol) and I couldn't stand his dad when he was Prime Minister.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fogey
    I'm liking the show (I surprised myself), and I'm liking Billy Bush. I think he's perfect for the role. The huggy-feely girl behind the scenes is pretty good too.

Dang. I watch entirely too much reality TV (although my husband has me beat in the sports category).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast