+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denise Van Outen - Host

Denise Van Outen - Host

Denise hosted the quirky morning show "Big Breakfast" in the UK and has logged many hours of entertainment reporting. Unafraid to get down to brass tacks, Denise will interact with the contestants to bring out all the fun of this exciting, new format. Denise also has a special connection to the show: she was once turned down by judge/producer David Ian for a part in "Grease" when she was 17, so she knows exactly what the hopefuls are going through. However, her story has a happy ending... she finally won the part of Roxie Hart in "Chicago" on Broadway some years later.

UK.... do you think NBC is trying to find their own Cat Deeley?

Possibly.
    I like Cat, I like Denise even more.
    I thought she was a great as co-host of The Big Breakfast.
    She worked perfectly with Johnny Vaughan.
    I'll watch the premiere of this at the very least just to see her.

If you check out the NBC website you can see a video of her doing a modern take on one of the grease songs... The "Look at me I'm sandra dee" song... not sure what it's called, I dont think that's the actual title, but you know what I am talking about I actually thought it was really cute, and she is beautiful... I've now watched all of the clips I could find of How do you solve a problem like maria, and I'm very excited about this show! Also just read that the BBC is going to do one with Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor dreamcoat as well (wish that one were here so I could audition!) LOL
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Denise is very well known in Britain. She was a tv presenter then went back to musical theatre so at the minute doesn't have a very high media profile in the UK. She used to be in the tabloids a lot and lads mags too. If she is presenting in the US I'm sure she's softened her Essex accent. In terms of notoriety the thing I most associate with her is an item on a show ( I think it's "something for the weekend" ) where girls had to id their boyfriend by looking at various men who had only a certain part of their body visible! I hope the US is ready!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

+ Reply to Thread