Jason Celaya

Nickname: "Boy-band Danny"
    Hometown: Foster City, CA
    Audition City: Los Angeles

TRAINING:
    Vocal: 5 years
    Dance: 9 years of jazz and ballroom
    Acting: 5 years - BFA in Musical Theater from BYU

FUN FACTS: Middle of 7 children and he is a Scorpio. He is also the tallest Danny in the competition.

Jason was only 12 years old when his father passed away leaving his mother to raise seven children on her own. Being the middle child with a hard-working mother, Jason wanted to separate himself from the pact and so he began to act and sing for more attention. He also discovered they brought joy back into his life. Musicals played a big part in the Celaya kids' together time and Grease was their favorite above all others...they would sing the various songs as a group taking turns in the lead roles…Jason tended to play Danny the most often, saying, "The others knew it was my part."
    Jason's quiet confidence can be a bit intimidating for some, but he is a big kid at heart. He loves Disney movies, Mary Poppins, Saved by the Bell (really) and Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera.

Currently working freelance as a dance instructor, Jason travels the country teaching, in the past he has worked summer stock at Robert Redford's Sundance Theatre in Park Lake City, Utah. He would love to bring the Fred Astaire & Gene Kelly glory days back. The only person he has told about this competition has been his older sister, Jessica (Miss Teen California 1991), who is living vicariously through his success.

Jason says that his Grease experience has been amazing. Now that he's made his original goal of making it to the final twelve, he's going to re-focus his goals on winning the entire competition. During the Academy, he was on pins and needles the entire time, completely stressed out wondering what the judges were going to decide. Having made it this far in the competition, he feels as though he has been waiting and training for so long...nurturing his talent and now he's prepared to step forward and shine. When asked what he thinks of when he thinks of a Broadway stage, he says, "home."

FAVORITES:
    What genre of movies do you enjoy? Action, Disney movies (like The Lion King)
    Favorite Actor: Johnny Depp
    Favorite Performer: Justin Timberlake
    Favorite Singer: Christina Aguilera or Mariah Carey
    Favorite Group: New Edition
    Favorite Musical: Les Miserables
    Favorite TV show: Sportscenter, So You Think You Can Dance, Saved by the Bell
    Favorite Food: Pizza and Mexican (all types)
    Favorite Color: Blue
    Last edited by fluff; 01-22-2007 at 05:33 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Grease-Jason Celaya buzz!!

So I keep hearing all these things about Jason Celaya on the show. Does anyone here know him or know someone who knows him. If he's really as good of a person as people are making him up to be, he's got my vote. Anyone?

Buzz ?

Jason, as well as the others, is a professional actor and probably has a great publicist !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Newbie

Jason a great person...

acually I don't know if he's got a publicist or not. But I know him personally from church, and although I am not what you'd call your HOT-GIRL, Jason always treated me like he treated all the other gorgeous girls that'd swarm around him. I never felt unwanted or like I was taking up his time.

Sorry - he may be a great guy and a good performer, but he just isn't handsome enough to play Danny. Guess he just isn't my taste. It would depend on how relates to a Sandy and if they have charisma together.

FORT Newbie
    That's funny-he's the only one who doesn't seem to try to hard, on that alone he's got my vote, everyone else looks like a rockbilly wannabe, NOBODY looks like Danny.

FORT Newbie

ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by kgrease;2213189;
    That's funny-he's the only one who doesn't seem to try to hard, on that alone he's got my vote, everyone else looks like a rockbilly wannabe, NOBODY looks like Danny.
    Rockbillies!! I agree. I also don't like people that try too hard, it's like their trying to compensate for something else. and although i haven't decided on who I like for danny yet, the only one who doesn't bug me is Jason.

I'm getting a good vibe from him on the show, but I have some concerns about his favorite tv show -- Saved by the Bell? That needs to be addressed.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

First just want to say Hi and WELCOME ! to kgrease and jasonsfan.

I must admit that so far Jason is not my favorite, but as far as looking like Danny ... the only one who really knows what Danny should look like is Jim Jacobs. ( Remember he made mention of the one girl he got a Sandy "vibe" from ... but she got cut later after the showcase. )

As has been mentioned, they all have to be "Triple Threats" ... sing, dance and act well. We haven't seen all 3 threats put together yet and/or paired with the other potential lead. So we'll need to see acting talent and chemistry between the Danny-Sandy's ... and also see if JJ gets a vibe.

I can't wait !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Don't think Jason is the next Danny, he doesn't sing that well, he's okay but he also doesn't seem to have that look.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast