+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Season 2 Finale Discussion - "Glee-ality"

Season 2 Finale Discussion - "Glee-ality"

It's finally here! We're down to Ali, Aylin and Blake. Who will win? Will more than one of them be given a role on Glee, or will Ryan Murphy stick to his word and only choose one winner?

I'm watching the show via live feed, since I'm on the West coast and it won't air here for another few hours.

I have to say, as much as I love Chris Colfer, I thought it was a cop out that he chose all three of them as homework winners. I don't want Ali to win the show, but I thought the homework song was really well suited to her voice and she stood out.

Only 45 minutes to go before the winner is announced! I've still got my fingers crossed for Blake!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Season 2 Finale Discussion - "Glee-ality"

Argh! They're about to announce the winner. It seems totally split. The cast, the mentors and Ryan - none of them can agree. It did seem like both Zach and Robert were pulling for Blake.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

BLAKE!!!

I think Roberts and Zach's input, along with what Blake wrote and read after he sang, really sealed it. SO happy for him!

We're happy with the decision. As my daughter put it, "we get to see him on Gless this season!" I didn't really want either of the girls to win, not because they weren't good but because IMO Blake is so much better. I do think having the input ofRobert and Zach helped. Even last week the writer's said it was better to pick a star than someone with a good storyline. I can't imagine that Blake will only be on for seven episodes, I think he'll captivate the audience of Glee watchers that haven't seen this show. He has that certain je ne sais quois.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    We're happy with the decision. As my daughter put it, "we get to see him on Gless this season!" I didn't really want either of the girls to win, not because they weren't good but because IMO Blake is so much better. I do think having the input ofRobert and Zach helped. Even last week the writer's said it was better to pick a star than someone with a good storyline. I can't imagine that Blake will only be on for seven episodes, I think he'll captivate the audience of Glee watchers that haven't seen this show. He has that certain je ne sais quois.
    I think the mistake RM made last season was picking winners based on their personal story. I think Samuel did improve as an actor, but I don't think Damian ever did. It's all well and good to pick someone with a great back story or compelling personality, but if they can't act, what's the point. I think what Zach and Robert said, especially about how Blake was the most adaptable and that he was the one they could do the most with, really swayed Ryan.

I think Ryan was all set to choose Aylin, but then Ali gave a great performance and that had him leaning toward picking her. Then I think the comments about Blake being a star and being the best actor locked it for him.

I'm glad Ryan changed how he chose the winner. I think Ali and Aylin have beautiful voices, but I think Blake is the total package. They could write so many different parts for him and he'd do them well.

Live video reunion on Oxygen right now with Robert, Nene Lekes (yeah, I don't know why), as well as Blake, Aylin, Ali, Lily and Michael: Watchitoo | The Glee Project Season 2 | Oxygen

ETA: They just live cammed in Nelli, Abraham and Tyler to the reunion.

FORT Regular

My only fear is based on a comment that Zack made that basically compares Blake to Finn....now the comment was made prior to the last chance performances (I think), so I hope whatever's written for him will be something different than just filling the "Finn" role (not that I didn't like his character, I just want to see something different than a character we've seen for three years....)

I can see Blake as the new BMOC, but I actually think he's a better actor than Cory Monteith (and I like Cory)....or at least a better actor than Cory was at the start of the series. He definitely dances better than Cory! I agree with the statement - and I can't remember if it was Zach or Robert who said this - that Blake has the most range and has the ability to give the most variety out of the final 3.

I think all three of them are talented, but I think they made the right choice.

For me, Blake became the clear winner when he sang that duet with Nellie weeks ago. That was swoon-worthy. It's so important on Glee that they be able to act and sing at the same time and Blake definitely did that with their song.

FORT Newbie

I am shocked and soooo happy Blake won! He totally deserved but didn't think RM would pick him. I also thought he was going to give out other episodes to the girls. Glad he didn't!

I thought Aylin had it sewn up before I watched the finale because she seemed to be Ryan's favorite. I knew Blake was doing well, but I didn't think they would have another guy winner and he doesn't seem to have any 'issues' like the other current Glee kids do. I could see him playing a 'normal' high school kid, but nothing more. I never understood why Ali made the final 3 because I didn't see a storyline there and the "sweet *itch" persona Ryan cooked up for her last week seemed a little late in the game.

Then I watched the finale.

I was actually impressed with Ali for the first time- she seemed to be able to act while she was singing and I could see that new character coming out while she did it. When Blake said he was going to show 'new stuff' at his LCP I didn't see it during his song and (like Ryan) was scratching my head as to what that new stuff was (aside from tossing the microphone)...and then he read his poem. I thought he showed his softer and funnier side and it took guts. I didn't think Aylin brought anything new to the table in her LCP. Sure, she can sing but there wasn't anything spectacular or new that we haven't seen before. I also thought it was interesting that when the cast and writers were discussing it that it seemed to be Ali's to lose until the female writer spoke up about Blake. No one even mention Aylin until Charlie made his heartfelt plea and then there was a smattering of compliments, but they felt like afterthoughts. At that point I felt it was between Ali and Blake, with Blake having more versatility so I knew he would win at that point.

I also have no doubt that Ryan will snap up Aylin anyway because she does have a great voice and a built-in storyline and I think we will be seeing her sometime next season as well.

Congratulations to Blake. He sang much better last night than the previous week. He's a cute guy. I just don't find him as impressive as many here or RM. I do think that RM has a penchant for cute, young men. Still, it was a good experience for the ladies and other contestants who tried.

I thought Ali had great star quality, as was reflected by the comments last night, but I don't think anyone could get past Blake in RM's eyes.

I did not hear Blake's words last night, as the sound went off as soon as he starting reading his speech/poem, and didn't return until he stopped. It was odd. I thought it must be some content in it that the tv network edited out, but since others heard it, I guess it was a local problem. Perhaps I can hear On Demand later.

Didn't I read upthread that this would be the last season of The Glee Project? I think that's a good idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast