+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Season 2 Finale Discussion - "Glee-ality"

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 2 Finale Discussion - "Glee-ality"

Glad that it was Blake. Ali did a great job in her Broadway presentation. I kept thinking she was so much like Kristen Chenoweth. Alyin just tried too hard to be the "character" she sees herself as. She did sound great during her sound. I cannot dispute how good her voice is....just the personality I don't like.

I didn't hear that this would be the last year of the GP....it seems to be popular, although I am amazed that it isn't on Fox.

I thought Diana A. was just gorgeous. I don't recall her beauty standing out as it did last night

I thought I read that it was the last season, but will try to find a link for it. I think it's clear what the show is about and it holds no real opportunity for contestants other than the cute, young boys, regardless of their talent. It seems cruel to allow non cute guys or girls to compete.

When all were giving their opinion after the last chance performance, I'm not sure why RM said it was split. Not really, it was pretty much in favor of Ali. I get it. It's RM so, it's his call.

I have a difficult time commenting because I don't watch Glee. I do not remember Blake's song with Nellie ... but I remember the one with Ali.

Perhaps his story line can be sensitive Jock with a heart. We may see him paying extra attention to disabled girl and/or a Muslim girl because he's popular and his acceptance helps to bring them into the fold ?

ETA: And writing poems for them
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

We didn't hear everybody speak about the three. So I would guess everybody had a favorite because really...all three did a great job.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

This house was rooting for Blake so the finale was great for us.

Last year, they picked people who already had a 'built-in' story and I was afraid they were going to do it again this year by choosing either Aylin or Ali. Sure, those girls can both sing, but their story lines were pretty much already written - either by physicality or by the constant reference to religion/region of origin.

Someone commented (elsewhere) that they thought Blake was like 'vanilla ice cream' . . . . and they didn't mean it as a compliment. To me, it is a good thing. It's a solid foundation on which to built and, given the right accessories, a scoop of vanilla ice cream has infinite possibilities.
    mesachick and inthegarden like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I thought I read that it was the last season, but will try to find a link for it. I think it's clear what the show is about and it holds no real opportunity for contestants other than the cute, young boys, regardless of their talent. It seems cruel to allow non cute guys or girls to compete.

When all were giving their opinion after the last chance performance, I'm not sure why RM said it was split. Not really, it was pretty much in favor of Ali. I get it. It's RM so, it's his call.
    I think his comment was that HE was split. We don't know if everyone was pro-Ali, because we didn't hear from everyone. They can edit it any way they want to make the ending not to obvious. You're right though - it's his call. He's the boss and, although he can ask for input, the decision is his. Considering how successful his shows have been, you can't say he doesn't know what he's doing.

I think I said above that it seemed like he was all for Aylin before the final performances. I think he changed his mind to Ali when he saw her sing. IMO, he changed to Blake after getting input from Robert, Zach, the video director and the female writer. The fact that his picks last time - especially Damian - were not great actors really swayed him this time. It's all well and good to pick someone with an interesting story, but if they can't act, no one will want to watch them. I loved Damian on TGP, but was disappointed by his performance on Glee. The comments that Blake is easy to work with, a star AND has range were probably the things that helped RM make his decision.

Plus, every woman in the audience (and some of the men) looked swoony when Blake was performing.

Frankly, although it makes this show more interesting, I actually don't care about any actor's back-story on Glee. If they're a good actor, they can be anyone.
    Hyper and justCoz like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Loved that Blake won. I was pulling for him since Charlie got booted off. I think he definitely the most well rounded out of the three that were left. Looking forward to seeing him on Glee next season.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12