+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 7/31 Show Discussion - "Romanticality"

7/31 Show Discussion - "Romanticality"

I'm surprised that Shanna went home, but I didn't think she'd win, so I guess now is as good a time as any.

Still rooting for Blake to win it all!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: 7/31 Show Discussion - "Romanticality"

I never got the Shanna love anyway. She really never did anything bad, but she didn't do anything fantastic either. There was just something about her that I wasn't a fan of (aside from the strange 'onesie' outfits and little girl tights). I think they are really looking for a Finn 2.0, so they want Blake to do well and Micheal is just Finn-lite. You can tell Ryan reeeaaaaalllly wants to write for Ailyn (sp?) so he's giving her all the chances in the world to shine. I don't think he saw a storyline with Shanna that was uniquely hers. In the end he talked about her being a tough country chick, but she never seemed to embrace that throughout the process and it was too late in the game to start. I see Lily as the very self-assured bigger girl who can really sing that they couldn't seem to get with Lauren Zizes (not sure of the actresses real name). I think Micheal is a little invisable and is really only around because he is one of the only 2 boys left. I'm not sure what Ryan would write for Ali, besides the obvious 'girl in wheelchair' story, which seems a bit one-dimentional and 'been there/done that". Artie is in a wheelchair and so was Quinn (for about an episode and a half), so I'm not sure what angle Ali brings to the table otherwise. She has done well the past few weeks so Ryan hasn't actually had an opportunity to talk with her about it and give it some 'camera time' for the viewers.
    Debb70 likes this.

Good Lord. I'm watching right now and after that homework performance, I'm half in love with Blake.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Newbie

Between those bottom 3, Shanna was the right choice to go home. She just isn't memorable and in my opinion was able to fly under the radar until now.

I would think Michael will go next and while Ryan said there will be only one winner I think the other three in the top 4 will get x amt of episodes. I just don't know how Ryan will choose between Blake and Aylin. For me it's obvious that it should be Blake but Ryan has more or less spelled it out that he wants to and will write a role for Aylin. Kind of like last season with the guy (can't remember his name) who ended up quitting. Ryan was so obvious with him last season.

I feel like the competition is over and now we are just seeing them act on a tv show. All the nit picky comments on how they got the bottm 4. Really? Don't buy it. Except for Blake. He is great in everything except the harmony vocals. I was shocked! It was almost like he was trying to sound horrible in that studio session, but that doesn't make sense. Does it? Pehaps they wanted to give him an chance to perform for RM again, since he's the favorite. lol I wasn't impressed with his last chance performance either, but maybe it was just the song. Normally, he sounds really good. He just isn't my favorite. I do think it's odd that they seem to have already ordained him as the winner. Yawn for me.

As much as I dislike Aylin, I thought she did a great job last night. She always captures my attention on screen, even though I do not find her visually appealing and her personality grates my nerves.

Michael improved, so that was a relief. I thought he and Lily were great as a couple. I'm still rooting for Lily and Ali, although the comment above about a storyline about Ali is correct. Still, the girl has much to offer IMO. She's great on camera and has great vocals.

I wasn't surprised that Shanna went home. She has a wonderful voice, but that's it, IMO. The girl has drive though. I wish her well.

FORT Fogey

Interesting show. I know I just don't like her, but I found Aylin especially annoying last night. Too bad Rynan has the same fixation for her that he had for the guy last year...the one who quit. Don't suppose we would be so lucky for Aylin to quit..**sigh**.

I think Shanna did herself in with her terrible clothing ( although none of those girl can dress attractively when they do the LCP) and makeup choices. She should have come out like herself. When she came on the stage, I almost gasped because everything was so garish. Even Ryan's comment about being "country" was a reflection of her appearance...
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    All the nit picky comments on how they got the bottm 4. Really? Don't buy it. Except for Blake. He is great in everything except the harmony vocals. I was shocked! It was almost like he was trying to sound horrible in that studio session, but that doesn't make sense. Does it? Pehaps they wanted to give him an chance to perform for RM again, since he's the favorite. lol I wasn't impressed with his last chance performance either, but maybe it was just the song. Normally, he sounds really good. He just isn't my favorite. I do think it's odd that they seem to have already ordained him as the winner. Yawn for me.
    At this point, no one really is doing SO badly that it easy to choose 3 for the bottom. They have to start nitpicking to even find a bottom 3 and. This is the second week in a row where RM has said he could see all 3 of the bottom 3 on Glee.

I wasn't unhappy at all that Shanna went home. From the very beginning, I didn't find her interesting. She has a great voice, but so do lots of other people. For whatever reason, I didn't find myself wanting to watch her or know more about her.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I felt like Aylin had an unfair advantage. Granted, it isn't easy being a Muslim woman these days (or really, at any time in the past) but it seems like her only advantage over Shanna was having a built in storyline. Same goes for Ali and her wheelchair.

While Blake's studio work was lack-luster, I have to wonder if they didn't put him in the bottom three just to shock him (or to shock the viewers).

I want Blake to win, but wouldn't be terribly upset if Michael won. Yes, he can be 'forgettable' but at least he doesn't annoy me like Aylin and Lily do.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I felt like Aylin had an unfair advantage. Granted, it isn't easy being a Muslim woman these days (or really, at any time in the past) but it seems like her only advantage over Shanna was having a built in storyline. Same goes for Ali and her wheelchair.

While Blake's studio work was lack-luster, I have to wonder if they didn't put him in the bottom three just to shock him (or to shock the viewers).

I want Blake to win, but wouldn't be terribly upset if Michael won. Yes, he can be 'forgettable' but at least he doesn't annoy me like Aylin and Lily do.
    I think Michael has shown that is capable of rising to the occasion, he just needs to do that ALL the time. I still want Blake to win and I can see him on the show, even if he's not got an unusual story. I can see him as a new, smarter (and, frankly, cuter) version of Finn. With Finn graduating, the football team needs a new star.

I think Michael's work with Lily in the video saved him from the bottom 3 over Blake. Really, they're pretty much splitting hairs at this point. They're ALL good.

I think they all did quite well in that video. I'm not so sure I could have pulled that off at their age.

I hope they give a girl a serious chance of winning this season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast