+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 7/24 Show Discussion - "Tenacity"

7/24 Show Discussion - "Tenacity"

Although I like Abraham, I think it was his time to go.

Ryan Murphy can be so blunt, but I usually agree with him. He does know what he's talking about. He's very good at cutting through the b.s. and I thought he was dead on about Abraham. Instead of coming back on stage to ask to sing again, Abraham just wanted to beg to stay. He didn't prove why he should stay, which might have swayed RM. It's the same crap Lily has been pulling, although she was terrific tonight.

Still rooting for Blake to win
    sparklete likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/24 Show Discussion - "Tenacity"

A couple of interesting points I caught from last night. When they were discussing Michael, they noted that he wasn't as strong a singer as some of the others. RM asked if he was as strong as Blake and they answered in the negative. I guessed that between the two "handsome" guys, Blake is the stronger and M. could be going soon.

Abraham's time was correct to go.

I was rereading the bios and I noticed that Lily has her hometown listed as Cape Cod MA....well, CC is not a town...it is a section of MA and there are at least
    8 public high school districts on CC, so I am surprised she was so vague about what school she attended or what town she lives in.

I really wish they would have been more honest about why they put those 3 in the bottom last night. Plus, Aylin was almost there and even though I don't care for her, she did a great job. At least they acknowledged her great job on the high hurdles. If you didn't grow up jump roping, then it's no surprise you wouldn't be good at it. I bet that Blake may not have done so well at jump roping either. Running the bleachers might have been tiring, but I think any of the other kids could have done it, especially Abraham and Michael. I am suspect of the reasons for the bottom contestants last night.

And they claim they picked the bottom 3 because they are the ones who held things up the most. Really. It looked like Alli was the one who caused them to have to repeat it over and over, because she couldn't get the ball in the basket. I'm not saying that was terrible, but it was true. I love Alli. She is my second favorite in the group, but if you're polling those who cost them time, why ignore her difficulty that cost them much time?

I think the vocal coach's crush on Blake is annoying. I wish she would keep it to herself.

Despite Abraham's issues, I really did enjoy his singing. I thought he was so good and much better than Michael in vocals. I think they are keeping Michael around as eye candy for the videos as long as possible. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

I also think RM gave it away last night when he admitted that he could write for any of the 3 in the last performance last night. He could. This show is just an long advertisement for the show Glee and not an actual contest for new talent. All of those contestants show true courage by being on this show. It's a shame they are sent packing for reasons I think are fabricated or overblown.

I wish Lily would learn what things are appropriate to say and not to say. RM doesn't need to hear about her little issues with other contestants...oh, but yes they do. IMO she was prompted to bring it up because it adds to the drama of the show. I suspect Lily was selected as the trouble maker, smart mouth, type person and that's what she has to play. They each have their role. I was impressed with Lilly last chance performance though.
    I"m not sure if her singing too loud was scripted or not. If not, she should know better. That is something she has control over.

I thought they all looked wonderful in the video last night. I loved how they caught those water bottles Alli was tossing to them. I really want to like Shanna more. I'm not sure why I can't. I love her voice.

Could anyone tell who was in the bottom next week in the previews?
    mindy384 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Could anyone tell who was in the bottom next week in the previews?
    If anyone has that info, please take it to the spoiler thread. Don't post it here
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I do not like Lily. Never have. If your singing is louder than six other people combined, you need to tone it down.

Not sure how serious Abraham's injury was, but those boots he had on at the end couldn't have helped much.

I agree with you Debb70 that it was Ali who caused them to go back and do the skit again (and again and again) after they had come so close to finishing perfectly. Makes me wonder how many times they would have tried if she hadn't come up with the idea (or had been given the idea) of having them lift her chair.

With the exception of Ali and Lily, they all appear to be in good physical condition, so I don't know that anyone's part was more difficult than anyone else's. They complimented Blake for running up the bleachers I'd have preferred that over what Aylin had to do, even if there were only 3 hurdles.

Michael reminds me of a guy named Eddie that I went to school with for 8 straight years. I want him to succeed, if only for sentimental reasons since Eddie is no longer with us, but I have difficulty remember just what it was he did for his part of the performance. Sadly, except for his cuteness, he is forgettable.

At this point, I'd be disappointed if anyone other than Blake or Shanna won.
    mesachick and sparklete like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Newbie

It was definitely time for Abraham to go and while Michael should be next I think a girl will go then him so Blake isn't the only guy left with four girls. I would think Lily would go out of the four girls remaining since she said this week she has been in the bottom 4 times but who knows. I think it will come down to Aylin and Blake. The other two spots in the final four is anyone's guess except I highly doubt it will be Michael. RM really seems to gush over Aylin and Blake.

Looked like Abraham was milking his "injury". You don't wear those kinds of boots if you hurt your ankle. Come on now. He wasn't fooling anyone.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Well I thought Michael was going home because he was the worst singer of the bottom 3. I don't think Abraham was going home until he made that spiel to try to save himself. I also thought he was going to ask for a re-do of his performance. That would have showed his tenacity.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Well I thought Michael was going home because he was the worst singer of the bottom 3. I don't think Abraham was going home until he made that spiel to try to save himself. I also thought he was going to ask for a re-do of his performance. That would have showed his tenacity.
    I thought Michael's LCP was much better than Abraham's. He showed personality and looked really confident out there. It's not about who the best singer is. You can watch Glee and see that in action.
    mesachick and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought Michael's LCP was much better than Abraham's. He showed personality and looked really confident out there. It's not about who the best singer is. You can watch Glee and see that in action.
    eh? That perfornance was bland for Michael. Not fair for Abraham as he injured himself and still went through the challenge despite the pain. That I think is tenacity. And he was given a more challenging song. Michael was really bad in the recording booth and the jump rope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast