+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Duxxy
  • 1 Post By inthegarden

Thread: 7/17 Show Discussion - "Theatricality"

7/17 Show Discussion - "Theatricality"

Well, even though I read the spoilers knew Nellie was probably going home, I was still sorry to see her go. She has so much talent and potential, she just couldn't get out of her own way.

Every week, I'm more and more impressed by Blake. I thought he did such a great job in the video shoot. He's so comfortable with himself that he just goes for it. Lily is comfortable with herself too, but sometimes it's a bit too much. She sometimes needs to dial it down.

I think the thing that sinks Lily will be the talking back and the "yes, but...." that Ryan cautioned her against.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/17 Show Discussion - "Theatricality"

I agree that we saw Nellie's end coming, but I do like her voice. I thought Lily torpedoed herself with that speech at the end ----- I talk back to you because I want this so much. ....and then the two final sentences when she f'ed to show her passion, just were too much. I was not impressed and I liked her at the start.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It was sad to see Nellie go, but at least she didn't just up and quit.

Liking Lily and Aylin less and less each week. If the public had a say, I'd be voting for Abraham and Blake. Michael seems like a genuinely sweet kid, but his performances are forgettable.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Aylin lost me weeks ago. I could not believe that we had to hear the T and M identifying words yet again. ...why did they give me Madonna....oh, I am T and M.

yea...exactly Aylin.....that is why they gave you Madonna

Maybe, I'm not being objective here, but I did find it odd that Lily was in the bottom. She must learn when to zip it up though. She may be getting in her own way, despite her appeal. I thought Ryan was touched by her last chance performance. I'm still rooting for her. At least Ryan knows that she really wants the job.

I actually enjoyed this video less than any before and I'm not sure why. Of course, I loved Allie again. Shanna sounded very good, but Aylin still annoys me. The others just are okay IMO.

While Nellie has a super great voice, she doesn't seem to be a performer to me. I would imagine that peforming would really make her anxious if she did it full time in a big way. Although, I have heard that Barbara Streisand has been terrified of live performances for many years. She just pushed through it. I have heard the same thing about Adel.

Many people seem to be going home because of their personalities despite their talent. I love the show, but it's about art and art is subjective. These kids don't REALLY have a chance they are all at the mercy of RM's whims. Unfortunately Nellie had a face like a slapped backside. She might want to sing but she doesn't want to be a star like Lily does. Nellie isn't 'hungry' enough to fight tooth and nail. I'm sad to see her go because I love her voice but she would just be so boring to watch.
    Lily on the other hand needs to back off a bit, she's so 'in your face' she's off-putting. I agree Michael is forgettable. I think Blake is probably the best fit for the show. Shanna is a close second. Aylin, while talented is not someone I'd want to work with week after week.
    I think Blake is the front runner for me (now)
    sparklete likes this.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Blake is my pick too. He listens to the advice he is given and works hard to follow directions. I still like Michael, but doubt he'll make it to the end. Allie had a good performance but, I'm on the fence with her, sometimes she's good and other times she is just okay.
    Shannon has been pretty consistent with her performances. I can't imagine having to wear that meat dress...
    Abraham, he is all over the place.
    I wish them well but, I really don't want to watch an hour (or 5 minutes) of Lily or Alyin.
    I was sorry to see Nellie go. I hope that she pursues a singing career. She reminds me of Linda Ronstadt.
    sparklete likes this.

Nellie is a singer/songwriter--two of her last chance performances literally left me speechless. The casting director said he found Nellie on youtube and recruited her for the glee project--I almost feel like this was a bit of a mistep because she is not an actress and needs to be working on a music career. A much better avenue would have been AI, The Voice or Duets...or just old fashioned sending in tapes and hoping a label picks you up.
    The standouts for me are Blake and Shanna--they are really the only two that have the acting chops and vocal ability to actually join the cast. Lily is questionable...I think she believes shes a better singer than she actually is. Ali is flat out screechy and off key A LOT (which is crazy since little of what we see is 'live') and Aylin is so dang annoying that I think people would actually not watch if she made it (although she could technically join the blake/shanna crew (I suppose) in terms of ability). That leaves Abraham and Michael who just dont seems as strong as the other contestants overall (although they are both adorable).

+ Reply to Thread