+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 6/26 Show Discussion Thread - "Sexuality"

6/26 Show Discussion Thread - "Sexuality"

Oh, the cruel irony of Tyler getting sent home during "Sexuality" week. Not really. If I didn't know better, I'd think they planned it that way I do think it was Tyler's time to go, but found the coincidence a bit too....coincidental.

Once again, Charlie does things that, although not appropriate, could be easily attributed to his Aspberger's. Why other contestants have excuses made for them and they don't do the same for Charlie, I don't know. Yes, he needs to be corrected and told that he needs to NOT behave that way, but I don't understand why no one is addressing it as anything other than him just being unprofessional.

I was so proud of Nellie this week! She really stepped up and went for it. I was worried that she would be out, after last week's talk about not wanting to make a fool of herself and her admission about her lack of sexual experience. I was so glad to see her really go for it and have it pay off.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-27-2012 at 03:25 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: 6/26 Show Discussion Thread - "Sexuality"

I look forward to checking it out. What song did they do?

For homework it was I Want to Sex You Up and for the video it was a mash up of Moves Like Jagger/Milkshake.

I thought the right person was sent home last night but the one who forgot the words at the last chance sing should be very careful about doing that again. he might not be so lucky next time.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

A couple of my nieces and nephews and I usually watch this show together. They are all musically inclined and one is planning to audition for some talent program soon. They are 10-12 years old. I don't think the sex theme will go over well, since I'm sure their very conservative parents will not approve. I guess I'll watch this one without them, though I'm sure they might think it was just fine. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    For homework it was I Want to Sex You Up and for the video it was a mash up of Moves Like Jagger/Milkshake.

I thought the right person was sent home last night but the one who forgot the words at the last chance sing should be very careful about doing that again. he might not be so lucky next time.
    Yeah. It was interesting that Michael was the only one who was singing a song that he knew, and he was the one to forget the words.

I was so proud of Nellie! She got over her fear, and she was really working it. Her sexiness felt much more real than what came from the so-called sexpots!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Wondering what was up with Michael. He really seemed to be having an off day. Zach must have fought for him because I was pretty sure he was a goner. They've held onto Tyler this long, I was almost convinced he was going to be around for the finale - although for the life of me I couldn't understand why!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think they kept Tyler around this long because his story is so compelling. Unfortunately, Tyler himself isn't as interesting as his story. I think it's way too early in Tyler's transition for him to be a part of a show like this that requires him to show who he is. He's just figuring that out himself.

I really felt for Michael, but I thought the fact that he just kept singing - even if he was just making up the lyrics - was a point in his favor.

Right now, I think the front-runners are probably Nellie and Blake. I like Charlie a lot, but I just can't imagine that he'll be able to NOT keep rubbing people the wrong way. I like Michael a lot too. I think that, if this wee was an anomaly, he'll be around at the end as well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

Aylin and Lily were so overt they were caricatures..Nellie came off really well in her acting. Shanna not so much
    sparklete likes this.

Totally. I think when you try to be sexy, it comes off forced and over-the-top and that's kind of par for the course with girls that age. Nellie was much better, probably because she wasn't comfortable going as far as Lily and Aylin did. I thought Nellie looked very pretty in the video - the hair and makeup was really flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think they kept Tyler around this long because his story is so compelling. Unfortunately, Tyler himself isn't as interesting as his story. I think it's way too early in Tyler's transition for him to be a part of a show like this that requires him to show who he is. He's just figuring that out himself.

I really felt for Michael, but I thought the fact that he just kept singing - even if he was just making up the lyrics - was a point in his favor.

Right now, I think the front-runners are probably Nellie and Blake. I like Charlie a lot, but I just can't imagine that he'll be able to NOT keep rubbing people the wrong way. I like Michael a lot too. I think that, if this wee was an anomaly, he'll be around at the end as well.
    Charlie seems pretty aware of the issues surrounding his ADHD and Aspergers. He just can't always control his impulses. I have to think that if the people he's working with knew how to help him cope and if there were some agreed on mechanisms in place for quickly letting him know that he's getting off track, he'd be capable of realizing what he's doing and knocking it off. I have a nephew who reminds me of Charlie, and he's totally capable of reigning things in if people just tell him what he's doing. But they have to be specific with him rather than just getting irritated.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast