+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 6/26 Show Discussion Thread - "Sexuality"

Re: 6/26 Show Discussion Thread - "Sexuality"

I'm not sure how much they could do to help him, but I hope they certainly take the fact into account. For a show about underdogs and tolerance they don't seem to be very tolerant of his explainable behaviour.
    Critical, Allie and mesachick like this.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'll bet the make allowances for Lauren Potter (Becky) and I'll bet they would make allowances for both Mario and Ally if they were cast on the show - they wouldn't even consider not doing it.

Considering how many people have Aspbergers, this would be a good opportunity for them to educate themselves and learn how to deal with Charlie. I don't think it would necessarily be very hard or take lots of time really. I think he's talented enough to merit the effort.

I know others think Michael is bland, but I like him. I think the math geek thing could be interesting. He could be Brittany's tutor....only he'd be a freshman while she was a second year senior!

I can see Nellie fitting in easily on the show and bringing an interesting vibe with her background in Big Band/Swing music. I can also see Blake coming in as a new transfer who becomes the football star/BMOC who can also sing.

Although I like Abraham, I think he looks a bit too old to be in h.s. They did say they were looking for YOUNG and, although he doesn't look 24, I don't think he looks 15 either.....or even 17. I think the youngest-looking contestants left are Michael and Nellie.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-30-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Michael, Blake, Nellie and Shannon are my favorites. I thought Nellie did a great job last week. As far as Charlie, I think his is extremely talented. I don't think that they are ignoring the fact that he has Aspbergers, but simply making it an non-issue for him. They are all expected to be able to do the work even though they may or may not have a disability. From what I have seen, they are working with him by calling the issues to his attention and encouraging him to monitor his actions and make his on corrections. He even said that in previous auditions he was let go for the some of same reasons.

I thought Tyler had a very positive personality and out look on life. I wish him well!
    Last edited by inthegarden; 07-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.

I don't know. I don't think telling him after the fact (i.e. while he's on stage in the bottom 3) constitutes working with him on his behavior. If they took him aside during the video shoot (or while he was in the recording studio), then I'd say they were working with him on it. IMO, they're acting like he's just got an attitude or impulse control problem rather than Aspbergers.
    abrahammy, mesachick and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't know. I don't think telling him after the fact (i.e. while he's on stage in the bottom 3) constitutes working with him on his behavior. If they took him aside during the video shoot (or while he was in the recording studio), then I'd say they were working with him on it. IMO, they're acting like he's just got an attitude or impulse control problem rather than Aspbergers.
    ADHD can have impulsivity OR inattentive as a diagnosis as well.

It's especially irritating because they almost certainly chose him precisely because he does have Aspergers. They talk the talk about being inclusive and tolerating disabilities, but they are both exploiting Charlie and mistreating him here. I think back to the jokes they made about Sugar and Asperger's Syndrome, and I suspect they really don't understand the condition at all.
    mesachick likes this.
    Check out my recaps of Dr. Who and other TV shows at http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123