+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 6/19 Show Discussion Thread - "Vulnerability"

6/19 Show Discussion Thread - "Vulnerability"

Wow, Cory Monteith is a lot cuter than Finn Hudson!

I'm amazed at how some of the favorites I had after the casting special are now some of my least favorite contestants. Mario just comes off as superior and condescending. The "I'm classically trained" comment was an eye-roller. How could someone say that and NOT see how it would be interpreted? I thought Charlie grabbing the cane was a stupid move, but I didn't like the fact that Mario stayed silent when Charlie apologized to him. Even "thank you" would have been something.

I'm less and less impressed with Lily. I think she's incredibly immature and the tears seem to be more about being embarrassed or getting called out for bad behavior than about actually being sorry for her behavior or caring what people think (unless it's the judges wanting to eliminate her).

My favorites are still Nellie,Blake Charlie and Michael (even though he didn't do much this week)

Re: 6/19 Show Discussion Thread - "Vulnerability"

When does this show air each week? I can't find Oxygen on my tv line up anymore, but I can watch it On Demand. I checked last night and this latest episode was not available yet. I did catch the video of Everybody Hurts though. I hadn't heard the song in a long time, but it's always been one of my favorites.

I'll look forward to watching this episode and posting here.

FORT Fogey

I believed nothing that Lily said during her two teary speeches. She is an actress and was acting out the emotion. She has gone from being my early fav to my actually disliking her.

I guess the girl leaving last week had an influence on no one going home. I did think that Mario's version of OTR was spectacular!!! He very much made it his own and I do appreciate his singing ability although it was odd THAT was what put him in the bottom two...well ...along with the attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I believed nothing that Lily said during her two teary speeches. She is an actress and was acting out the emotion. She has gone from being my early fav to my actually disliking her.
    Same here. The thing about changing her ways after seeing Mean Girls was so contrived.

ETA: Watching the episode again right now. I forgot to comment earlier on how impressed I was by Cory's critiques of the homework assignment.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-21-2012 at 04:40 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Blake is the standout for me so far. Still wish Lily had been sent home. She has such a nasty attitude! Mario needs to be knocked down a peg or two as well. Bleh.
    Duxxy and pintobean like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Blake is one of my favorites too. I can see him on Glee

I think Mario just doesn't get it. His comment about other people singing more flat than he did was rude AND showed he's not clear on the point of the competition. It's not to pick the best classically trained singer. Heck, Cory Monteith is proof of that! I like him, but he's not the best singer, although he has improved.

I think it was easier to see who the top picks were last season, or at least who they wouldn't be. This season, there are so many talented kids. I think the list of "won't wins" is pretty short: Mario, Lily, Tyler.....that's all I've got. I don't see Abraham or Ali winning either. I'm not a big fan of Aylin, but I think RM likes her a lot.

Right now, I think Charlie may be RM's favorite, especially after his bottom 3 performance this week. I agree with RM - it was probably the best performance we've seen on this show. I could absolutely see that on Glee. I think Blake is right up there too. I also think Nellie and Michael will go far, or at least I hope they will!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Mario surprised - and disappointed - me in this episode. He has a pleasant voice, but the attitude he showed this week was crazy and uncalled for.

I don't like Lily or Aylin. Tyler wasn't as annoying this week. Nellie seems like she couldn't care less about being on this show and she's just hanging in there without trying - the only thing keeping her there is that other people have poor performances that look worse than her average performance.

Michael and Blake are my favorites and Shanna is growing on me.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

This is mean but she asked for it with her behavior.....how the heck was somebody as gross looking as Lilly ever the mean girl? I call BS on that whole thing! If anything she was the one being bullied for being the fat girl in school.

Either way, cannot stand her and want her gone already. She can take Mario and Tyler with her. The rest are bearable so they can hang around for a bit.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    This is mean but she asked for it with her behavior.....how the heck was somebody as gross looking as Lilly ever the mean girl? I call BS on that whole thing! If anything she was the one being bullied for being the fat girl in school.

Either way, cannot stand her and want her gone already. She can take Mario and Tyler with her. The rest are bearable so they can hang around for a bit.
    Why is she "gross looking"? Because she's overweight? I think she's beautiful and she's got a great voice. It's her attitude that makes her ugly.
    Katydyd, Kanga and Madison_2008 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Why is she "gross looking"? Because she's overweight? I think she's beautiful and she's got a great voice. It's her attitude that makes her ugly.
    I totally agree with all you wrote. Lily is very pretty and um, due to her behavior on the show I can totally see her as a "mean girl" bully. She would NOT have been the poor, pitiful, picked-on fat girl -- that's why I didn't buy her tearful breakdown in front of Ryan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast