+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 6/2 - TGP - Casting Special discussion

6/2 - TGP - Casting Special discussion

This is the first look we're getting at the final 14!

I have to say, while I understand that Ryan Murphy is looking for individuals, and I'm all for letting your freak flag fly, some of the larger group of 80 were a little too out there.

I think they did a good job of choosing the top 14 though - they're all individuals, but they're also talented and, IMO, relateable.

During the "Edge of Glory" video at the end of the episode, I kept picking a new favorite with almost every one of them that came onscreen. At this point, I'm less impressed with Taryn, Aylin and Tyler. Any of the others could win and I think they'd be great on the show. Of course, I'm sure that will change in the coming weeks.

Of the girls, I really like Nellie and Lily May, although Dani is special too. Of the guys, I really like all but Tyler and that's just because he doesn't stand out as much for me.

Charlie was adorable in the audition for Ryan Murphy. When RM told him to stop and that he was in, he looked stricken, like he'd done something wrong. Did I hear right when Michael finished his audition? I thought several of the judges said "Variations on a Finn." I was sort of thinking the same thing. He could play a smart version of Finn. Not the best singer, but he is adorable. I think Abraham is a doll too.

I think the overall quality of contestants is much higher than last year. I'm excited to see what these kids can do when the competition really starts!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/2 - TGP - Casting Special discussion

What stood out to me is that a few of the kids look too old. Of course I think that was true with the Puck character. I liked Lily ...she has an Adele type of thing going for her, including the voice.

Just saw this section for the casting discussion. I may have asked a question in the wrong spot as I put this question in yesterday's show discussion. Does anyone know why there is only one slot when so many seniors graduated? I need to look at the cast names again before commenting more on each contestant as I am not familiar with all their names yet. I do agree Critical there seems to be a lot more talent this year. I do know that I love Glee and so glad that they started the Glee Project last year and are continuing with it.

FORT Fogey

I am not sure if they will fill just one....after all, last season 4 kids got jobs on GLEE. If they just use one kid, then I will imagine they will use the normal casting
    avenues to fill the rest of the jobs.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Ryan made a point of telling the kids that, unlike last season, there would only be one winner. Of course, he can always change his mind later.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Guess we will just have to wait and see. I do remember Ryan saying that, but as you said he can always change his mind. I just read all the bios and was surprised that some have had lots of previous experience and others not much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ryan made a point of telling the kids that, unlike last season, there would only be one winner. Of course, he can always change his mind later.
    It would shock me if he didn't decide to pick more than one. He already had trouble sticking to the confines of the show and had 14 finalists instead of 12. He may actually stick with one clear winner but I'd be very surprised if others don't at least get a small one or two show gig.
    Duxxy likes this.

I think he told them that because he didn't want anyone assuming that they didn't have to win the whole thing to get on the show. I won't be surprised if he ends up giving more than one of them a part, but telling them that there will only be one winner will likely make them work harder.

I just finished watching. loved it. Ali, Lily, Abraham, Nellie and Charlie are early faves for me. I really enjoyed the Edge of Glory video too.
    Crit, I know you like Dani but she annoys me - can't put my finger on why?! Probably because my daughter's walls are plastered with posters of Justin Beiber - residual loathing LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I like Dani for now. I thought she looked familiar. She was a semi-finalist on America's Got Talent last year but I don't think she has a strong voice as the others. The blind guy seems to have a leg up on the other guys. They also seem to like the country dude and Ryan Murphy love that dark-haired WGWG who sang his own version of All By Myself.

And what's up with Oxygen not having an HD channel? Lame!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast