+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Glee Project - Season 2 news and talk

The Glee Project - Season 2 news and talk

The new season of The Glee Project premieres on June 5th, but Oxygen already has the casting special (which will air on June 2nd) available to view on their site: Oxygen Videos | Live Out Loud, Oxygen

I guess the first season was enough of a success that some of the "bigger" stars on the show decided they want in on it:
    "Glee" Stars Cory Monteith, Naya Rivera and Samuel Larsen Will Join Lea Michele as "Glee Project" Mentors - Playbill.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: The Glee Project - Season 2 news and talk

Comcast also has the casting special OnDemand
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Comcast also has the casting special OnDemand
    I think it's on Hulu, too (maybe Hulu Plus). I watched it somewhere online, and I think that's where it was.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to Season 2.

Based on what I saw in the casting special, I don't know how on earth they're going to pick a winner. This year's crop is much better than last year's. They should just hire them all and do some clear cutting on Glee to make room!
    Duxxy likes this.

As a big Glee fan, I loved this show last summer. My low-level cable package doesn't have Oxygen, so I will have to watch online, probably a week late. It will be all I can do to not spoil things for myself by looking at this Fort thread.

Glad to know the casting special is available. I will definitely go watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Based on what I saw in the casting special, I don't know how on earth they're going to pick a winner. This year's crop is much better than last year's. They should just hire them all and do some clear cutting on Glee to make room!

After watching the casting special, I'm in total agreement! How in the world are they going to choose a winner? Of course, they need to keep Samuel Larsen and then make room for a new cast or a new Glee Club.

FORT Fanatic

Someone may do well on the Glee Project and it may not transfer to Glee. For example, I thought that of the 4 Project Glee contestants who were featured on Glee Damian was the only character who really fit into the show. I didn't like Samuel's character at all. He wasn't dynamic enough to carry a scene. It's almost like they really didn't know what to do with him. Damian was easier to fit into the show. It was easy to believe that an Irish exchange student could be a misfit of sorts and find a home in the Glee club. I hope that this year's judges keep that in mind when choosing a winner this year. Is the contestant similar to a current cast member? Can a compelling character who actually adds to the storylines be created for this contestant?

FORT Fogey

You made some interesting points. I thought that the two kids who came in second did well as they wrote the brief story lines to highlight their performance talents. If you remember the problems in GP, Ryan Murphy apparently had his favorite in the red haired kid who did quit. Once that happened, they were thrown into a tail spin. Damien( who would have gone home if the kid did not quit) ended up a winner since the Irish exchange student thing was an easy call. Samuel talked his way into the Christian story line they were planning for the quitter....and you are right. He did not have the personality to carry a story line....but then neither did the kid who quit.

I lost some regard for Ryan after seeing how he handled the casting.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Totally missed the introductions episode that was on tonight. Will have to catch the repeat (with the dvr) at 2 AM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast