+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Critical
  • 1 Post By mindy384

Thread: Taryn - Season 2

Taryn - Season 2

Hometown: Detroit, MI

Taryn has been performing for over 12 years, but prior to her audition for “The Glee Project,” she had never performed live for a casting panel. Also new to the traveling world, Taryn had never traveled on an airplane until her trip to Los Angeles for her audition. She is a trained aerialist who also enjoys hobbies such as cooking and painting. Taryn was discovered for “The Glee Project” through an online video submission.

Re: Taryn - Season 2

thank goodness someone fixed her brassy orange/gold hair
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    thank goodness someone fixed her brassy orange/gold hair
    Me too. Her skin and hair were just too close in color. It washed her out.
    Duxxy likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Anyone else think her voice is a bit screechy/nasally?

beautiful girl though.
    Duxxy likes this.

Detroiter competes on 'Glee Project'
    June 5, 2012

Detroit resident Taryn Douglas hopes she'll inspire viewers as they tune in to watch her compete on Oxygen's "Glee Project" this season. The series' second season kicks off tonight with 14 hopefuls showing up to vie for a role on Fox's "Glee."

"It would mean so much to me to be able to win and participate on a television show that is so positive, but I'm hoping people will also see that it doesn't matter where you come from or how much you have as long as you go after what it is you want," says Douglas, 22, a native of Toledo.

The 2008 Berkley High School graduate tells Names & Faces that being a performer has always been her dream.

"When children are growing up, they always seem to change their mind when it comes to what it is they want to do, but I've never wanted to be anything but an entertainer ... or a humanitarian," she says. "I always said that if I wasn't off saving the world, I was going to be an entertainer. And all my life, I just taught myself how to sing, wrote songs and learned how to dance."

Douglas is one of seven females and seven males who will sing, dance and act their way through competition over the next few weeks. On the line is a guest-starring role during the fourth season "Glee," which returns to Fox in September.

Douglas, who performed in a couple of plays while attending the Toledo School for the Arts during her middle-school years, says the "Glee Project" experience already has been a life changer.

"This is it," she says. "I literally gave like everything up I had in my life for the 'Glee Project.' Now I'm chasing that dream and can't wait to see what happens next."
    Detroiter competes on 'Glee Project' | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

She seems way low in energy. Not a lot of spunk in this girl. Not at least from what I've seen so far.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread