+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mesachick

Thread: Blake - Season 2

Blake - Season 2

Hometown: Miami, FL

Blake recently moved to Los Angeles from Florida. He drums and juggles, but his passion is acting. Blake has studied acting and improvisation since he was a child. Upon arriving in LA, he worked a few odd jobs in his pursuit of becoming a professional actor. He loves to sing, but has never had a lesson. When he is not performing, Blake works as a parrot salesman. He has received some rejection during his time in Los Angeles, but continues to forge ahead because of the love he has for his craft. Blake was discovered through industry channels to audition for “The Glee Project.”

Re: Blake - Season 2

I really liked him a lot in the first show - Individuality. He really popped out during the video shoot.
    Katydyd likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I'm going to go ahead and say this is a ringer... "found through industry channels..?" He may not win but I'd be willing to bet this kid ends up with a semi-permanent role on Glee or some other Ryan Murphy show (AHS or perhaps something in the works). This kid is ridiculously talented and good-looking and what better way to introduce a new actor to an audience (essentially for free) and go ahead and get him a following/recognition?

I wouldn't call anyone on this show "ringer." They're supposed to be able to sing and dance and act to some degree. Plus, we'll have varying levels of experience - look at Maxfield, who'd only been performing for 6 months. If they cast someone on this show who'd been doing a lead role on Broadway or something, maybe we could invoke the "ringer" title. These kids are supposed to be talented - that's the point.

It could be that his agent knew someone at the casting office or something and made contact. He did say he's been acting for about a year, didn't he? According to his imdb profile, he's done an episode of Melissa & Joey, a few short films (one of which he produced) and a horror movie called Cousin Sarah starring Tom Sizemore that I'm pretty sure went straight to video. He's not exactly burning it up in Hollywood.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread