+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mario - Season 2

Re: Mario - Season 2

well, Mario was an early favourite of mine but his personality is just a shame! Talking back to someone who is trying to help you with the benefit of their experience is either the height of arrogance or the depth of stupidity. I cringed when he snarkily told the mentor (can't recall her name) that he was ''classically trained" because, you know, she's so inexperienced that she's not the vocal director of a very successful show about SINGING. So disappointed because he IS good and he has so much potential but he's an ass hat.
    mesachick likes this.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I was really bugged by the fact that he acted all humble and apologetic to Ryan and the gang and then went back to the others and started saying how he wasn't wrong. When the other kids tried to help him understand what he was doing to himself (which isn't really in their own self-interest to do), he wouldn't listen. I don't see him lasting a whole lot longer, which is too bad.

Instead of being insulted, it would be a really good idea to wonder why he's pitchy in the booth (which he is) and not on stage. There may be a really good reason why it's happening if he were open to taking the feedback and exploring it.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Both he and Lily, when back in the room with the others after singing for Ryan, seemed to be bragging about "putting one over" on Ryan with their tears and justifications. That was the vibe I got anyway.

Do they forget the camera's running the whole time? Lily and Mario are both very talented, but are coming off as unlikable more and more each week.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Both he and Lily, when back in the room with the others after singing for Ryan, seemed to be bragging about "putting one over" on Ryan with their tears and justifications. That was the vibe I got anyway.

Do they forget the camera's running the whole time? Lily and Mario are both very talented, but are coming off as unlikable more and more each week.
    I don't remember having that impression in regard to Lily, but that doesn't mean she wasn't doing it, and I just missed it somehow.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I don't feel that Mario is being that difficult. Besides, I think that acting out, being a diva, having an attitude, etc. is not really a hinderance on the show. I think that if you strike Ryan's fancy, he'll figure a way to make you work out and if you don't, it doesn't matter how talented, cordial or attractive you might be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12